TA out next two days, according to Stone

southsider2k5

10 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I'm resting a hammy as well.  It can be painful.  Unlike Tim, I'm playing because it's a championship game (rec league soccer).  I'm sure Tim would play in his rec league championship soccer game as well. 😉

no offense but I feel rec league soccer players never shut up about it.  Like I never hear beer league softball players going on and on online about their shit.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

no offense but I feel rec league soccer players never shut up about it.  Like I never hear beer league softball players going on and on online about their shit.

None taken.  I'm not on twitter.  🤪

Mine resulted from not doing propper stretching before hand.  Was rushed when I got there.  Also rec league soccer is pretty intense and physical.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

My buddy asked me if I wanted to be in his beer league softball team and I said there was no way I was taking my North Brooklyn ass to Bay Ridge at 9am on Sunday mornings.

Man I used to play in Chinatown, nothing like getting on that crowded ass D train from Brooklyn and then back.  Same field Manny Ramirez is said to have hit one onto the Manhattan Bridge.   Miss those days a bit now thinking about it.  NYC has such great energy.  Don't really get that feeling here.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Man I used to play in Chinatown, nothing like getting on that crowded ass D train from Brooklyn and then back.  Same field Manny Ramirez is said to have hit one onto the Manhattan Bridge.   Miss those days a bit now thinking about it.  NYC has such great energy.  Don't really get that feeling here.

I know exactly which one you are talking about.  I think we might be playing soccer near there in the fall.

3 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

So why did MLB change the term from Disabled List to Injury List? Was it some political correctness thing or something?

This change is pretty old - over a year - but in short, yes. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25947020/major-league-baseball-rename-disabled-list-injured-list

IMO the board in general leans left and most have no problem with it. I tend to lean right but also have no problem with it. Literally changes nothing just an update to the name. I don't think we're suppose to discuss politics in this section, so I'll leave my comment at that. 

41 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25947020/major-league-baseball-rename-disabled-list-injured-list

IMO the board in general leans left and most have no problem with it. I tend to lean right but also have no problem with it. Literally changes nothing just an update to the name. I don't think we're suppose to discuss politics in this section, so I'll leave my comment at that. 

Well said, thanks man.

38 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

It's a more accurate term. A player is out because they suffered an injury, they are not out because they are disabled.

A disability is a long-term/permanent impairment.

15 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Show me another team that has this many hamstring issues

I take back my eye roll at least partly. I looked into it a bit, and Mangameslost.com does suggest that the White Sox have been one of the worst teams in terms of wins lost due to injury. Now I don't know for sure if that has anything to do the training staff.  But I'm a little more open to your line of thinking.