Roster Moves Galore! TA to IL. Foster, Hamilton, Sheets, Romy up. Lamb DFA

KrankinSox

Love all these moves, rest Tim, Foster can go 2-3 IP for a bullpen game to cover for Lucas.

Sheets has a chance to play for a playoff roster spot, hope he gets plenty of playing time this month.

Foster and Hamilton came up for the team photo yesterday,

Collins will come up next week, perhaps for Foster or Wright once they confirm Lynn or Lucas can return.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

A little surprised to see them cut bait with Lamb.  Was the right move tho.  Could have done in a few weeks ago instead of brining him back from the IL.  

probably was a "do right by the vet" sorta move.  small things like that add up to goodwill around the league come FA and such.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

I wish they’d add Giolito to the IL as well.    He needs to skip a start and another arm would be a nice luxury to have (perhaps Stievers)

Steiver is hurt and done for 21. Lambert is truly only option. 

3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Hopefully Sheets gets most of the at bats Goodwin was getting. Otherwise there doesn’t seem to be a purpose (I assume he will be sent down when Engel comes back).

Yah, I am surprised to see Sheets back.  Honestly thought we wouldn't see him til next Summer.  I don't really see the Sox playing him over Goodwin.  They're both bad in RF, but Goodwin may be a little better out there.  Goodwin is still hitting .272/.374/.517 against RHP, so that is pretty good.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, I am surprised to see Sheets back.  Honestly thought we wouldn't see him til next Summer.  I don't really see the Sox playing him over Goodwin.  They're both bad in RF, but Goodwin may be a little better out there.  Goodwin is still hitting .272/.374/.517 against RHP, so that is pretty good.  

Probably want to get Jose off his feet a bit down the stretch and Vaughn for whatever reason gets rested all the time anyways.

• Like 1