Roster Moves Galore! TA to IL. Foster, Hamilton, Sheets, Romy up. Lamb DFA

KrankinSox

38 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

A little surprised to see them cut bait with Lamb.  Was the right move tho.  Could have done in a few weeks ago instead of brining him back from the IL.  

Might as well have kept the depth and given Sheets a chance to play everyday in Charlotte. I am fine with how they handled it.

Also, Stiever is out for the season. 

Also, didn't see this posted anywhere:

RHP Kyle Crick was released by the Chicago White Sox today. He was signed as a free agent by the Chicago White Sox organization and assigned to Charlotte on July 30, 2021. Crick, 28, went 2-0 with a 0.87 ERA in eight games out of Charlotte’s bullpen (10.1 IP/15 SO).

Edited by South Side Hit Men

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Probably want to get Jose off his feet a bit down the stretch and Vaughn for whatever reason gets rested all the time anyways.

I'm sure when Jose crosses any contractual milestones or when we clinch, he will take a some breaks. He is the leader, TLR treats him as such and allows him those personal privileges.

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I'm sure when Jose crosses any contractual milestones or when we clinch, he will take a some breaks. He is the leader, TLR treats him as such and allows him those personal privileges.

with jose it's talking him into the breaks that is the problem.  love that attitude but at a certain point it's harmful to the team.

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Good moves. I think Romy and Sheets will bring more power.  Hamilton speed will be welcome.  Foster is mop up material though. My only critical comment is why they didn’t DFA Lamb before, instead of Luis Gozalez who was a good oufielder that we lost to the Giants.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So he was good in AAA and we released him anyway? I'd rather give Crick a shot than have Mike Wright throw garbage time. 

Kyle Crick is supposed to be a grade A asshole.  I wouldn't doubt if that had something to do with it.  

36 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Good moves. I think Romy and Sheets will bring more power.  Hamilton speed will be welcome.  Foster is mop up material though. My only critical comment is why they didn’t DFA Lamb before, instead of Luis Gozalez who was a good oufielder that we lost to the Giants.

These guys are all completely fungible.  No need for a defensive slap hitting OF with Billy back.

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

These guys are all completely fungible.  No need for a defensive slap hitting OF with Billy back.

Right.  Luis Gonzalez kind of sucks.  He was incredibly unlikely to survive the winter on the 40 man anyway.  

• Like 1

Just now, raBBit said:

He may have had a 9/1 opt out. 

He probably did.  Was moreso just speculating on a potential reason why the Sox didn't give him a chance with a September call-up as opposed to Foster.  Also would need to make 40 man room, so of course that is a factor as well.  

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He probably did.  Was moreso just speculating on a potential reason why the Sox didn't give him a chance with a September call-up as opposed to Foster.  Also would need to make 40 man room, so of course that is a factor as well.  

Yeah, it's a 40 man thing I think. Although not sure Wright deserves a spot over Crick but Wright is of course a bit more stretched out.