In Defense of Leury

XplodingScorbord

13 hours ago, harkness99 said:

tony rambling on today about how leury was a starting quality player....

Yeah...Tony has me nervous with that regular talk.  I hope we don't need to see much of Leury in the postseason.  He is a very good utility player but I want the regulars playing every day in playoff baseball.

Edited by poppysox
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yeah...Tony was kind of me nervous with that regular talk.  I hope we don't need to see much of Leury in the postseason.  He is a very good utility player but I want the regulars playing every day in playoff baseball.

Leury most certainly will start in playoffs, either at 2B, or beyond a full recovery allowing Engel to play as a regular starter, RF.

The RF hole has never been adequately addressed, with most here stating Eaton was a poor acquisition in December, both for likely poor production and health. Engel was considered the fourth OF heading into camp, and perhaps one day he can stay healthy enough to be a regular 3rd/4th OF, but it sadly hasn’t been this season.

I would rather have Leury in RF over Goodwin, especially for defense. I agree he shouldn’t be an everyday starter on a WS team, but it is what it is.

Edited by South Side Hit Men