Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Recommended Posts

5 out saves are sexy.

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have finally hit 22 games above .500. Our highest mark since September 2008. We had 3 chances to hit it in July and August and had lost every time before tonight. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really know where Gavin Sheets fits in with this team long term, but that's a problem for another day. For now he's really nice to have here 

Edited by lostfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, flavum said:

Magic number about to be 20

You might have jinxed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angel Hernandez said:

Holy Sheets!

Rodon was decent.

Damn the injuries.

With the expanded roster, having adequate reserves will make a huge difference. Hard to do much with Collins, Mendick and Lamb as the extent of your bench, and Goodwin playing everyday.

Really hoping Sheets gets a good look in RF the next few weeks. Robert, Eloy, Vaughn, Engel, Sheets and Hamilton as a PR/Defensive substitution would be a great six player mix for 4 starting spots (OF + DH - Plus Grandal when he's not catching).

Nice to see Liam be able to handle multi inning work again, his wife saving his (and perhaps the Sox) season by identifying his pitch tipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

You might have jinxed it

I know! Thanks, Salvy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flavum said:

I know! Thanks, Salvy!

Royals commit a NOBLETIGER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royals just blew a bases loaded, nobody out in the bottom of the 10th. They go to the 11th vs. Cleveland. Magic Number stands at 21, pending outcome in KC.

Astros lost today so Sox move to within a half game of the 2 seed and homefield advantage in the ALDS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KrankinSox said:

Royals just blew a bases loaded, nobody out in the bottom of the 10th. They go to the 11th vs. Cleveland. Magic Number stands at 21, pending outcome in KC.

Astros lost today so Sox move to within a half game of the 2 seed and homefield advantage in the ALDS.

That happened against Parker too. That guy throws 90 and only throws fastball/splitter. You gotta be really bottling it to not hit a single routine fly ball off him in 3 tries. That was the middle of the Royals order too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That happened against Parker too. That guy throws 90 and only throws fastball/splitter. You gotta be really bottling it to not hit a single routine fly ball off him in 3 tries. That was the middle of the Royals order too. 

Yep and Perez whiffed on a splitter that floated over the plate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Royals just blew a bases loaded, nobody out in the bottom of the 10th. They go to the 11th vs. Cleveland. Magic Number stands at 21, pending outcome in KC.

Astros lost today so Sox move to within a half game of the 2 seed and homefield advantage in the ALDS.

The Sox would have to beat the Astros by 1 game to get it though, since they won the season series 5-2, correct? So remaining games, Sox have to be 1.5 games better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pathetic Royals. Playing for the season series win this weekend. 8-8

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, flavum said:

The Sox would have to beat the Astros by 1 game to get it though, since they won the season series 5-2, correct? So remaining games, Sox have to be 1.5 games better.

This is correct. Sox need to finish 1 game ahead of Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheets is Thome’s guy. Love it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KrankinSox said:

This is correct. Sox need to finish 1 game ahead of Houston.

Why not .5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×