Rule 5 Players for White Sox after 2021 Season

SouthSideGeorgia

1 hour ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Does any one have a list of the White Sox players in the minors that are Rule 5 eligible going into the offseason? I guess Romy Gonzalez's promotion got me thinking about Rule 5 eligibility. I know Micker Adolfo is another player who would qualify for Rule 5 if he wasn't on the 40-man. Thanks for any help...

The guys in the top 30 are Jason Bilous, Kade McClure, Lenyn Sosa and Luis Mieses. It's college players from the 2018 draft and international players from 2017. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The guys in the top 30 are Jason Bilous, Kade McClure, Lenyn Sosa and Luis Mieses. It's college players from the 2018 draft and international players from 2017. 

That's really not a lot considering Leury, Goodwin, Hamilton, Rodon, and Tepera are all free agents at the end of the year.  (And one can imagine them not picking up Hernandez's option.) I don't expect the Sox to lose anyone that they really value. I'd be surprised if they protect Sosa or Mieses because they'd be unlikely to be able to stay up all year without destroying their development, but we shall see. If they value Bilous and McClure, I'm sure they'll have room to protect them. Thank God they decimated their 2018 draft class via trades, huh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

That's really not a lot considering Leury, Goodwin, Hamilton, Rodon, and Tepera are all free agents at the end of the year.  (And one can imagine them not picking up Hernandez's option.) I don't expect the Sox to lose anyone that they really value. I'd be surprised if they protect Sosa or Mieses because they'd be unlikely to be able to stay up all year without destroying their development, but we shall see. If they value Bilous and McClure, I'm sure they'll have room to protect them. Thank God they decimated their 2018 draft class via trades, huh?

yeah the position players they should be fine. Mcclure was a possible bullpen pickup last year, has had a real up or down year, so whether the sox add him should tell us a lot on how they view him.

• Like 1