9/3 game thread Sox @ KC *Rain Delay*

southsider2k5

11 minutes ago, flavum said:

They’re better in moderation. Definitely ready for them to retire them as the alternate. Maybe a couple more years. Have a 40th anniversary thing, and then no more.

Agreed but also bring back the sleeveless home whites as the alternate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Saddened to see the 1983 uniform design will soon replace the classic current uniform and logo.

New Label filed TTB in July

02-sox-golden-ale-stripes.png

OG and current design:

s-l640.jpg

I'd rely on more than a beer can to say that they'd replace what is one of the best selling hats in baseball with what would rapidly become one of the worst.

For context: I see more Sox hats in Brooklyn than I do Yankees hats. They're not killing the golden goose.

3 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Seems to me Dallas "Dr. Death" Kevorkian's game relies heavily on the ump's calls on pitches just outside the lines where he colors.

Is that what you call a finesse pitcher?

Last year he had some good breaking stuff this year sure as if he isn't pinpoint in command they are just going to let him fall behind and look for his shit fastball.  It would help tremendously tonight if he could grab some early count strikes on off speed.

I'm not a huge fan of the 83s, and think they should be trotted out only occasionally.  But I absolutely hate the sleeveless "vests."  I think they look trashy and scream early-2000s; the baseball uniform equivalent of boot-cut jeans, shiny shirts, and some kind of ridiculous yellow goggles perched on the forehead of a spiky-haired boy-bander.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flavum said:

Indians 11-1 vs Royals. Which means they have 7 left.

Reminds me of when were 18-2 against KC and Detroit last year. 

We're only 17-12 so far this year and 3-7 in our last 10 against them. We really need to turn that around and it needs to start tonight by finally scoring some runs off Carlos Hernandez. Cause we're gonna need it with Keuchel pitching.