9/3 game thread Sox @ KC *Rain Delay*

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Once Gio or Lynn is back, they should turn Keuchel's spot into a bullpen game. Getting the 2 seed is important enough to not completely punt once every 5 games.

From everything they've said (and done), they have no desire to go all out to get the highest spot possible

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Finished in the top ten in Cy Young voting last year but ok.  I guess that doesn't count anymore

DK's demise is not on Hahn.

DK has stopped believing in what he does and lost confidence. He should be no where near a playoff roster if he can't right it. I dont think he can at this point 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

60 game schedule against Central division only teams. And he sucked ass when it counted in OIakland.

It was a bad signing from Go.

Yeah....lets not forget WHO he had that 'Top 10 in Cy Young voting' season against. He racked up games against the terrible AL Central. Now, he can't even do that much.

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Finished in the top ten in Cy Young voting last year but ok.  I guess that doesn't count anymore

He also has a Cy Young.....both mean nothing as to what he's looked like lately.  You cannot trust him to start in the playoffs this year.  I'm not sure you can trust him in the bullpen either.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Sox are allergic to hitting fly balls with runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs

Right on.  We are also allergic to hit and run, putting runners in play.  We have become the quintessential station to station team.  Not so good with a high ground ball rate. 

1 minute ago, shago said:

Dallas decline have anything to do with the fact that he can’t use his Vagisil any longer?

I may be completely wrong, but in that Astros book that came out, didn't they mention him as someone that would talk to their new pitchers about what they could do to "improve"?  If I am wrong, I apologize.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

60 game schedule against Central division only teams. And he sucked ass when it counted in OIakland.

It was a bad signing from Go.

Cleveland and Minnesota were very good teams.  And he pitched well against them.  

I'm by no means defending him.  Dude shouldn't be on the postseason roster. But he was also integral in them reaching the playoffs last year and to deny that is just kind of revisionist history.

Both things can be true.  He can have a shitty season this year and also still have pitched really well last year.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I may be completely wrong, but in that Astros book that came out, didn't they mention him as someone that would talk to their new pitchers about what they could do to "improve"?  If I am wrong, I apologize.

It's pretty obvious they were one of the first teams to find the good sticky stuff for their guys. I remember teams leaking complaints to the media about pitchers they traded away losing a ton of spin after leaving and now we know why. But I think they were (and still are) doing things with pitch data, coaching, and player development that puts them ahead of many organizations in the game right now.