9/4- White Sox at Royals, 6:10

flavum

I see Hamilton and Romy getting a chance to start tonight against Lynch. Tony pulled Grandal yesterday, so perhaps he will attempt to start at catcher tonight vs. saving him for the Sunday day game.

Hopefully Reynaldo can keep the good times rolling, and force Keuchel out later this month once Lynn and Lucas can return.

Sox need to win the next two to win the season series, otherwise Matheny will own the season series over his mentor La Russa.

1 minute ago, FLsoxfan said:

What we should be looking good at is the #2 seed not the divisional lead. Games against bad teams are very important right now, we just gotta win every game keuchel doesn't start and we should be fine 

In my opinion, the Sox are only thinking about health, and they’re trading off emptying the tank to go for the 2 seed. They’ll get their wins, wake up on the last day of the season with 92 wins, play a game…and then get ready for a game in Houston on October 7. 

12 minutes ago, flavum said:

In my opinion, the Sox are only thinking about health, and they’re trading off emptying the tank to go for the 2 seed. They’ll get their wins, wake up on the last day of the season with 92 wins, play a game…and then get ready for a game in Houston on October 7. 

I am with you there.  The great thing is that this approach could still result in 95-96 wins and ahead oh Houston for the 2 seed.

Push everybody hard to get a 50-60% chance at the 2 seed verses prioritizing health and still having a 10-20% chance at the 2 seed.  Those are just my estimates of the odds.  Make adjustments to my estimates if you like.

I think prioritizing health is the play.

Edited by Grindersrule
typo

Las Vegas, Nevada reports the following lineup, for your Chicago White Sox:

1. Romy Gonzalez (R) 3B
2. Luis Robert (R) CF
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) DH
5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
6. Andrew Vaughn (R) LF
7. Leury Garcia (S) RF
8. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
9. Danny Mendick (R) SS

• Like 1

Sox have signed Ruben Tejada to a minor league deal...if you would've told me we picked up an infielder that was released by an NL ballclub I would've stocked up on Gatorade but no it's Tejada.

Edited by wegner
Braves Not Phils

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Las Vegas, Nevada reports the following lineup, for your Chicago White Sox:

1. Romy Gonzalez (R) 3B
2. Luis Robert (R) CF
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) DH
5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
6. Andrew Vaughn (R) LF
7. Leury Garcia (S) RF
8. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
9. Danny Mendick (R) SS

Homies leading off… sweet.

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Not the worst way to play our hand.  There would be a lot to like about a 100% healthy squad entering the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sox have signed Ruben Tejada to a minor league deal...if you would've told me we picked up an infielder that was released by an NL ballclub I would've stocked up on Gatorade but no it's Tejada.

If you told me we would be delighted with Lopez starting games in September I would have thought you were drinking your dinner.  Strange this game of baseball is.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Moncada gonna get some rest with a wrist injury.

Having a big lead is a good thing but I can't help but worry this team could be flat in the playoffs as they've spent the final month resting 

The alternative is to start hurt players? 
I’m missing your logic here.