9/4- White Sox at Royals, 6:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

oh, don't you worry poppy. win or lose, Tony LaRussa is an idiot.

I know what you're saying but that would be a hard position to sell to most of us I would imagine.  Our WS championships don't grow on trees.  Plenty of people are willing to forgive Ozzie his sins in exchange for the 1 championship.

38 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I know what you're saying but that would be a hard position to sell to most of us I would imagine.  Our WS championships don't grow on trees.  Plenty of people are willing to forgive Ozzie his sins in exchange for the 1 championship.

Not the biggest Ozzie fan, but always grateful for his efforts in 2005, winning here, team played smart, built on pitching and solid fundamentals, not steroids. He did a masterful job that season, by far the best of any White Sox manager in our lifetimes (assuming nobody here is over 100).

Ozzie has a lot to be proud of, has paid dearly for any "sins" by being blackballed from the game.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

It's a fine line to play a little banged up or sit and get rusty.  If the manager ultimately wins he's really smart and if he loses he's an idiot.

Common sense just needs to be used. A player can aggravate an injury or stink up the place if he isn't healthy enough. I think players need to be on the field to be sharp, but I would be cautious. Let the player heal and come back when he's healthy. Forget the macho stuff.