AND THAT’S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

maloney.adam

5 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

Hey can someone tell me why Kimbrel is credited with the win? I get Lopez doesn't qualify because he didn't go 5, but Kopech completed the 5th and went into the 6th while never losing the lead.

Rule change. Official scorer has discretion in situation like tonight where the first guy out gets lit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

Hey can someone tell me why Kimbrel is credited with the win? I get Lopez doesn't qualify because he didn't go 5, but Kopech completed the 5th and went into the 6th while never losing the lead.

Because Kopech sucked, and the Official Scorer has the leeway to award the more effective pitcher with a victory if they so choose.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Win

9 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Rule change. Official scorer has discretion in situation like tonight where the first guy out gets lit.

Is this an actual change? When was it implemented? Thought this was always the case, just inconsistently applied over the years. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-roundtable-will-any-team-make-a-surprise-september-run-to-the-playoffs/

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Because Kopech sucked, and the Official Scorer has the leeway to award the more effective pitcher with a victory if they so choose.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Win

Is this an actual change? When was it implemented? Thought this was always the case, just inconsistently applied over the years. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-roundtable-will-any-team-make-a-surprise-september-run-to-the-playoffs/

You nailed it on both points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Where is everybody? Lol

watched about 10 hours of college football and drank about 10 gallons of beer and ate about 10 lbs of bbq at various places. think a lot of people prolly doing same.  was following game thread a bit and the box, happy to see the offense carry the club again.

22 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

In this case it makes total sense. Kopech was awful. He has had a few rough outings over past month. Wish they stretched him out sooner just so he could get through more of this sooner. 

Also - this has been the rule for as long as I can remember…but it is rarely done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nice they won, but really concerned Kopech is toast heading into the playoffs, with the added detriment that he’s going into 2022 with a 60 inning baseline.

I am happy with the win, too, since it seems so hard to win in KC. Any multi-run inning for Kopech. Don't know what to say about his recent regression. It can't come from overuse. He made this game harder than it should have been.

Edited by NWINFan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Green Line said:

They should have traded Kopech before the deadline when his value was at peak.  Not many teams gonna want all of his baggage now.

Kopech has an arm and he's young. Too early to give up on him now. But he came up with a lot of fanfare, and I never thought he was handled right. I hope he finds it, because the Sox are going to need him. It would be nice to have an effective Kopech in the playoffs. There's no need for name-calling.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah, should have traded Kopech. They should have traded Moncada after 2019. Hopefully they will trade Robert and Eloy this off-season before it is too late. Fuck winning. Let’s get some prospects.

A couple of tough outings and I’ve seen enough. Leave him off the playoff roster and trade him for scraps in the offseason.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Robert, Abreu and Grandal socked 10 hits. My gosh. Jose regular batting average up to .267.  Not bad in the HR/strikeout era. Nice win.

There we go . Greg is the only sane person here. Celebrate the win and the players who made it possible !

Grandal only has 9 more PA's than Yermin Mercedes. That under .200 B.A. is a memory and he is now at .227. If he had played the whole season he might be up there with Salvy Perez in HR's. That .947 OPS isn't too shabby either.

Robert looks so balanced and locked in. He has less than 200 PA's and the HR's are now coming. What a force he will be offensively and defensively if he stays healthy !

Abreu called Eloy and Robert " his sons" recently and even though he was speaking figuratively, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This Grandal contract is just a real killer for the White Sox. Why did they get rid of McCann? 

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This Grandal contract is just a real killer for the White Sox. Why did they get rid of McCann? 

This team is in shambles heading to the playoffs.   Kimbrel can't get anyone out.

In all seriousness all they need is health to be AL favorite.