9/5- White Sox at Royals, 1:10

flavum

Foster, Kopech and Wright likely unavailable based on usage the past two days,

Kimbrel probably unavailable (20 pitches Saturday). Crochet is a lock unless something is wrong with him (last outing over a week ago).

https://www.baseballpress.com/bullpen-usage

White Sox Pitches last 5 days
Pitcher Sa F Th W Tu
Aaron Bummer (L) 7 0 x 14 11
Ryan Burr (R) 0 0 x 0 0
Garrett Crochet (L) 0 0 x 0 0
Matt Foster (R) 0 34 x 0 0
Liam Hendriks (R) 11 0 x 18 11
Craig Kimbrel (R) 20 0 x 0 9
Michael Kopech (R) 25 0 x 0 14
Jose Ruiz (R) 0 10 x 0 0
Ryan Tepera (R) 9 0 x 14 12
Mike Wright Jr. (R) 0 40 x 0 0

Edited by South Side Hit Men

13 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Y’all are really bored huh

LOL well the board is split as usual. The game threads are full of worry and grief about the team . Some of us, although we have the same concerns, know with a big lead that Cleveland isn't a concern. Robert and Eloy can carry a team as can Grandal and Abreu and that the health of the team and keeping the whole roster involved  means more than winning every single game.

Game threads are getting shorter with the arrival of football and those among us who choose to stay away from the toxicity and just watch the Sox in peace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL well the board is split as usual. The game threads are full of worry and grief about the team . Some of us, although we have the same concerns, know with a big lead that Cleveland isn't a concern. Robert and Eloy can carry a team as can Grandal and Abreu and that the health of the team and keeping the whole roster involved  means more than winning every single game.

Game threads are getting shorter with the arrival of football and those among us who choose to stay away from the toxicity and just watch the Sox in peace.

I'm saving almost all my powder for the playoffs.  Almost nothing matters the next 30 days.  Just don't go 10-20 or something.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm saving almost all my powder for the playoffs.  Almost nothing matters the next 30 days.  Just don't go 10-20 or something.

I want them to play good enough baseball to finish close to 30 games above .500 and look for them to play better on the road and play more regulars the last 2 weeks or so. Can't go into the playoffs playing poorly.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I want them to play good enough baseball to finish close to 30 games above .500 and look for them to play better on the road and play more regulars the last 2 weeks or so. Can't go into the playoffs playing poorly.

I really don't think it matters.  95 or 90 wins doesn't matter.  It's just about playing well in the playoffs.  I think guys like Lynn and Kimbrel and the other vets, especially the pitchers, are just not going to be operating on the requisite juice until then.  The Sox have had this division wrapped up for a month it has to be difficult for even pros to maintain sharpness right now.  

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh yeah, I understand. The schtick has just gotten old on both ends of the spectrum. I guess that means I’m also really bored (and antsy).

It’s been a long season, especially since games haven’t been meaningful for quite awhile now. I think we’re all ready for the playoffs to start. Well, except for the starting rotation.

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I really don't think it matters.  95 or 90 wins doesn't matter.  It's just about playing well in the playoffs.  I think guys like Lynn and Kimbrel and the other vets, especially the pitchers, are just not going to be operating on the requisite juice until then.  The Sox have had this division wrapped up for a month it has to be difficult for even pros to maintain sharpness right now.  

It matters, at least in my mind. The road has been troublesome and with the full healthy squad, I expect it to get better. Now I don't know when exactly Lynn and Gio or Tim will come back or if Rodon will ever be at the effectiveness level he was earlier so there are concerns. But, like you, I guess I just expect the BP to do better once the playoffs start but you'd like to see some strong signs of it before the playoffs , too.

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Cleveland is up 3-0. Why can’t TLR realize that if we don’t put a competitive lineup on the field we will lose ground? What’s wrong with this team?!? 

Cleveland is going nowhere.  Breathe.....

Oh.  That was sarcasm.  lol

Edited by Green Line