9/5- White Sox at Royals, 1:10

flavum

Ok I understand they have a big lead and just want everyone rested and healthy for the postseason....but will they just be able to turn it on when the time comes?  They are very streaky and not very good on the road.  But that might just be my long suffering Sox Fandom talking....still excited to see them in the postseason for the 2nd year in a row.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chisoxt said:

This team needs to spend some serious dough in the off-season to shore up their bench depth- it’s abysmal 

Is it?

Who do you want them to pay a lot to to back up catcher, short, center, etc? You think Trea Turner is coming here to get the boys Gatorade?

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ok I understand they have a big lead and just want everyone rested and healthy for the postseason....but will they just be able to turn it on when the time comes?  They are very streaky and not very good on the road.  But that might just be my long suffering Sox Fandom talking....still excited to see them in the postseason for the 2nd year in a row.

This has been my concern since the All Star break.  Even mostly healthy they play like shit half of the time.  Doesn’t inspire much confidence that they can simply flip that switch.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Well the good news is the ALDS will likely begin... checks notes... on the road in Houston. Fortunately they're not any good!

Just now, maloney.adam said:

What are they waiting for on Engel? They keep saying that he’s going to rehab soon but they keep delaying it. It’s like they are timing it for the postseason or something. 

I think they're going to have to DFA Wright to bring him back and I think they want to wait as long as possible.

3 minutes ago, Unknown said:

This team is overrated. 

This team is in a bad division and they kinda don’t care about winning right now. Hopefully with a couple weeks left in the season they’ll be at full strength and they’ll know what happened last year can’t happen again. 

• Like 1

CWS will not get far in the post season if they even make it.

There are too many average to below average players riding the wave of the few truly elite players on this team.

But that's P.T. Reinsdorf"s way of keeping the base perpetually thirsty while not interfering with hi$ bottom line. 

That paradigm has work well for him over his endless tenure.

The hardware-seeking fanbase ? - not so much.

Edited by GradMc