Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flavum

9/5- White Sox at Royals, 1:10

Recommended Posts

Just now, manbearpuig said:

What is the update?

Basically sounds like his shoulder is acting up and won’t be available this week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One solid takeaway is Cease has pitched well outside of the one mistake. Would be nice if he could get through 5 today.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically the Sox have 1 serviceable starting pitcher (the one who is getting shelled today) and Lopez going forward.

Great news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Hopefully he can pitch against Boston next weekend, but he's not feeling it right now and that the Sox are concerned. Same issue as before (shoulder fatigue and soreness). 

In free agency he will not get anywhere near what Boras wants with his injury history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxfest said:

In free agency he will not get anywhere near what Boras wants with his injury history.

That’s a great point… I’m wondering what kind of deal he will get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we went from an offense that would score 5-6 most nights to one that is now boom or bust.  That's not a great development and it speaks to losing TA and Madrigal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

In free agency he will not get anywhere near what Boras wants with his injury history.

They can probably go with the excuse that he hadn't thrown this many innings in 3 years, but the fact that we're giving him 10 days off between starts just for him to throw 95 and then feel sore for a whole week after is not encouraging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

we went from an offense that would score 5-6 most nights to one that is now boom or bust.  That's not a great development and it speaks to losing TA and Madrigal.

We went from being fairly consistent without much power to having a ton of power but almost having no consistency. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mondesi almost threw that into center field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they are hustling to 1st on the grounders…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sox offense always comes back no need to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxfest said:

Ground ball city

We actually hit sinkers well (2nd best in baseball), but it feels like we consistently just ground out to the left side against sinker-ballers recently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Green Line said:

So basically the Sox have 1 serviceable starting pitcher (the one who is getting shelled today) and Lopez going forward.

Great news!

Cease is not getting shelled.  It was a 3 run HR, shit happens like that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Cease is not getting shelled.  It was a 3 run HR, shit happens like that.  

He gave up 4 runs so far.  He getting shelled.  I don't care.

Edited by Green Line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like the Sox chances a bit more if JR wasn’t so cheap and brought McCann back, let RH trade for a real RF in Jason Heyward, whose OPS is almost .600, and is only owed around $50 million. Cheapness is also the only reason Garrett Richards wasn’t signed for the rotationand LaStella isn’t at 2B instead of Hernandez. Complete fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like Dylan always finds his breaking stuff towards the end of his outings recently and just ends up dominating guys before he gets to 100 pitches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite button is mute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He gave up 4 runs so far.  He getting shelled.  I don't care.

He’s worthless. Really, any pitcher who gives up any runs really is. Don’t let the fact that he has whiffed the last 5 fool you, he is getting shelled.

Edited by Dick Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 straight Ks. He's getting shelled alright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I would like the Sox chances a bit more if JR wasn’t so cheap and brought McCann back, let RH trade for a real RF in Jason Heyward, whose OPS is almost .600, and is only owed around $50 million. Cheapness is also the only reason Garrett Richards wasn’t signed for the rotationand LaStella isn’t at 2B instead of Hernandez. Complete fail. 

Not as much as a fail as this post. This is Sunday lineup level trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

At least they are hustling to 1st on the grounders…

Should have tried hit and running at least with Moncada at first.  We almost hit into double plays twice with our station to station offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cease is fine except for that one mistake, it's the offense against this bum that worrisome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×