9/7 🧦 v. 🐘 GT

soxfan49

30 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

My unsettled feeling about TA' s status better just be an overreaction.

I don’t think the MRI revealed anything crazy.  He also didn’t have a sudden injury and have to get carried off the field.

I’m guessing they are being ultra conservative with this.  If he comes back and re-aggravates it, he’d be out of the playoffs with only a few regular season weeks left.

Playoffs without TA would be the worst. I know you’re thinking the same, and that’s causing your unsettling feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

If this is the case, wouldn't it have made more sense to use Lambert as a follower? Why give the top of the A's lineup an extra look at someone you'll only be getting a few innings from anyway?

Yep put a better pitcher in the first inning maybe?

8 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I don’t think the MRI revealed anything crazy.  He also didn’t have a sudden injury and have to get carried off the field.

I’m guessing they are being ultra conservative with this.  If he comes back and re-aggravates it, he’d be out of the playoffs with only a few regular season weeks left.

Playoffs without TA would be the worst. I know you’re thinking the same, and that’s causing your unsettling feeling.

We've already seen what happens when you push through a known hamstring injury (Engel) or one that was bubbling up under the surface like must have been the case with Madrigal. If those 2 injuries spooked them into being overly cautious, particularly with someone that's been prone to soft tissue injuries anyway, I think that's a good thing given where the Sox are at right now.