Adam Engel starts rehab assignment

Tnetennba

17 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

this is great news. i feel like we're a totally different team defensively, and frankly offensively with a healthy engel. 

I agree.  Engel is a much more important piece of the team puzzle than some people realize IMO.  It will be good to get him back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

I agree.  Engel is a much more important piece of the team puzzle than some people realize IMO.  It will be good to get him back.

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

I also agree.  We giveaway too much outfield D with Goodwin, Vaughn and Sheets In the outfield.  Need Engel I there as often as possible.

It’s going to be interesting to see what TLR wants to do in the playoffs when we are facing a righty. 

Option 1:  Eloy in LF, Goodwin in RF, Vaughn at DH

Option 2:  Eloy in LF, Vaughn in RF, Sheets at DH

Option 3: Eloy in LF, Engel in RF, Vaughn at DH

The third option is clearly the move with a lefty on the mound, but will Tony want to put more emphasis on offense or defense when we’re facing a righty?

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

It’s going to be interesting to see what TLR wants to do in the playoffs when we are facing a righty. 

The third option is clearly the move with a lefty on the mound, but will Tony want to put more emphasis on offense or defense when we’re facing a righty?

If the rest of the lineup is in tact, there's more than enough offense. Put Engel in RF. Sheets or Vaughn at DH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Too much Vaughn