9/7 games

maxjusttyped

22 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Emilio Vargas is throwing well again. Is he a possibility for a spot start? It worked when they tried something similar with Jose Quintana many years ago.

I was into him when he was a prospect years ago on the DBacks. There seems to be a lot of promising stuff happening in the Birmingham rotation this year. I'd be curious to know if he's unlocked something this year.

If Mike Wright is the top depth guy/emergency starter after Lambert, why not Vargas?

Carlos Perez has gotten en fuego again, I couldn't tell if he was just super quiet or if he was injured for a while, seemed like he wasn't in box score for a bit. 

Really wish either of the bham catchers could have got more of a sniff of Charlotte than Nate Nolan but this really is like such a nice year out of Perez. And the only reason I short shrift to Fernandez is just not knowing anything about his defense and his journeyman status.

But seriously, my goodness. Carlos Perez, let's review

24 years old

Highest slugging of his career...in birmingham (11 HRs)

Only a 10% K rate

a 6% walk rate

Thrown out 42% of runners

3 passed balls in 678 innings caught

.264/.317/.410

are we sure this guy isn't better than zevala?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Undrafted free agent Kohl Simas who walked 9 per 9 in college has been outstanding with Kannapolis.  21 yo.  Did they fix something????

yeah he had an excellent game last week where he handled 3 innings too i believe.