9/8 🧦 v. 🐘 GT

soxfan49

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Would love to see Keuchel get on track.  Nice big ballpark he's familiar with would be a nice place to do it.  

Yeah he got real familiar with it last year in the playoffs. Would be awesome if DK could right the ship these last few starts. Would be huge for the playoff push. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah he got real familiar with it last year in the playoffs. Would be awesome if DK could right the ship these last few starts. Would be huge for the playoff push. 

Considering DK's low strikeout rate and ineffectiveness for 5+ months, I want him nowhere near the playoffs - no matter what he does in his last 4 season starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

At this point all I ask is to keep us in the fucking game.  5 innings 3 runs.  That's an era above 5, that's dogshit, and it's all I want.

We'll see just how bad of a funk Oakland is in right now. It's funky Keuchel vs. funky A's. The least funky will triumph.

Also the Sox need to kick Montas' ass and avoid flying projectiles.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

We'll see just how bad of a funk Oakland is in right now. It's funky Keuchel vs. funky A's. The least funky will triumph.

Also the Sox need to kick Montas' ass and avoid flying projectiles.

Oakland is def in a funk and last night hitting a bunch of balls 340 feet off Lambert prolly just added to their frustration.  As Hawk says don't ask me who you play, ask me when you play'em.  If Dallas has anything left in the tank now is the time to empty it out and bury this team and try and make a push for that 2 seed.

I view this game as a can't lose situation.  Most of us are expecting a loss with Keuchel on the mound...and if Katz has fixed him it would be an unexpected development/surprise.  On another subject...Keuchel annoys me with his I don't lose my cool persona when getting his butt kicked.  His I'm not bothered attitude looks good when you have the ability to work yourself out of trouble.  When you stink up the place I would prefer a look of disgust in how crappy you are pitching.

Just now, poppysox said:

I view this game as a can't lose situation.  Most of us are expecting a loss with Keuchel on the mound...and if Katz has fixed him it would be an unexpected development/surprise.  On another subject...Keuchel annoys me with his I don't lose my cool persona when getting his butt kicked.  His I'm not bothered attitude looks good when you have the ability to work yourself out of trouble.  When you stink up the place I would prefer a look of disgust in how crappy you are pitching.

Yeah, same.  To be fair he has spoken frankly in interviews lately on how badly he sucks and does not deserve a spot in the post season rotation.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic