9/8 🧦 v. 🐘 GT

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I was told I was an "amateur" for not considering his sprint speed as an indication he is a good outfielder. He was fine as a NRI mid season signing, but he really is a AAAA player, good enough to show signs he can be on a roster, but not a starter in important games.

He seems to only do this with his catchers, rarely takes out Abreu or others even in 10 + run games. When he rests his starters, they may as well wear pajamas, as he will rarely if ever insert them even to pinch hit late in a tie/1 run game.

Right on with TLR managing moves that leave a lot to be desired.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

It is so frustrating the amount of games we have looked like shit since the all-star break. It really has put a damper on the last couple of months. I feel like I have been on auto pilot as a fan just like the team with just not caring that much about these games. 

I'm very excited about making the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the 1st time ever but very leery that they will be able to just turn it on come playoff time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I'm very excited about making the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the 1st time ever but very leery that they will be able to just turn it on come playoff time.

Trying real hard to convince myself that they can split in Hou and take the 2 at home.  It takes some real hubris to believe they’ll just flip a switch after what we’ve watched the past month plus. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's sad that Keuchel starts are pretty much automatic losses now. 

hasnt exactly had great baseball played behind him tonight however,...

bad at bats... roberts playing like a little league outfielder swinging at every pitch...

its been pretty much a team shit pile tonight.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic