9/8 🧦 v. 🐘 GT

soxfan49

Just now, wegner said:

I'm not sure what you call that approach they were employing against Montas, but let's put that one on the prize shelf.

They had chances to put 3-4 up on him. But we pretty much failed every time with a runner on 3rd. We only have the 1 run cause Olson made an error.Β 

• Like 2

Just now, chw42 said:

They had chances to put 3-4 up on him. But we pretty much failed every time with a runner on 3rd. We only have the 1 run cause Olson made an error.Β 

Awful situational hitting....gotta get much better.

34 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

We should’ve traded for Marte or GalloΒ at the deadline. Don’t get me wrong I like Engel but not as an everyday outfielder. He is more like a 4th outfielder that doesn’t play every game. We need someone at that position that can play a decent field and can hit the ball to the outfieldο»Ώ.

Β Marte is the one I wanted

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Are we sure letting Vaughn scuffle like this is the best thing for his development?

I don’t think so. Maybe bring up Burger again and just send Goodwin down. Keep Vaughn onΒ the bench and play Hamilton in RF until Engel comes back.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

You gotta give Vaughn some time off don't you....I can't see how this is helping his psyche at all.Β  Just put Billy out there for a couple games at least.

Tons of lefties coming up in next ten days, so Sox are going to need Vaughn. Between his ineffectiveness at the plate and hurting Eloy, he’s having one of the worst series ever.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tons of lefties coming up in next ten days, so Sox are going to need Vaughn. Between his ineffectiveness at the plate and hurting Eloy, he’s having one of the worst series ever.

He looks lost

Health is still the most important thing, but it’sΒ getting late enough where I’d like to see them start stringing together a few good games in a row. Let’s see a little consistency for a change and some looks at the team most of us think they can be in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

It is so frustrating the amount of games we have looked like shit since the all-star break. It really has put a damper on the last couple of months. I feel like I have been on auto pilot as a fan just like the team with just not caring that much about these games.Β 

We are playing the wrong sport with all these 50 yards plus puntsΒ that we are getting up there. Β TLR never seemsΒ to have an urgency to win games utilizing all the weapons available to him. Β We need to have that killer instinct established in the team going forward. Some time we need to prioritize wins over resting too many players. Β Win culture is needed.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Get ready.Β  I am sure as we move towards the playoffs Mr Keuchel is going to try and play his, look at the back of my card bullshit.Β  And how he was made for the playoffs.Β  Hopefully TLR ignores that and he is cheerleading the team from the sidelines.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

"I feel like I'm headed really, really in the right direction back to where I need to be.Β  DK"

Β 

Edited by southsideirish71

52 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Get ready.Β  I am sure as we move towards the playoffs Mr Keuchel is going to try and play his, look at the back of my card bullshit.Β  And how he was made for the playoffs.Β  Hopefully TLR ignores that and he is cheerleading the team from the sidelines.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

"

"I definitely think that's fair to say," he said. "I'm open and honest with everything that I say and do. And shoot, I've been probably β€” not probably β€” I have been the weakest starter in the rotation for much of the year. That just speaks volumes to the advancement of (Dylan) Cease and (Carlos) RodΓ³n being the guy that everybody expected him to be. (Lucas) Giolito and (Lance) Lynn have been themselves, and it's just me kind of bringing up the rear.

"Of course, I think about it. It's what everybody plays for. Once you get a taste of the postseason, that's all you want to do from there on out. So I've definitely thought about it, but letting myself get rolled up into that idea is the least of my worries right now. I've just got to make sure that I'm myself come Oct. 3, the last game of the year, and whatever happens happens.

"But I've always been a team-first guy. So if it doesn't work out, I'm going to be as mad as whoever else isn't on it. But at the same time, if you're not getting the job done, you don't expect a spot if you're not putting up the numbers and doing your job."

Β 

I really think you are taking what he is saying completely out of context.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic