Can this team just flip the switch come Oct 7?

brijames1957

Team went 10-9 against the Kansas City Royals. There are legitimate concerns with both pitching AND hitting

TA's health

Vaughn's bat went silent

Moncada lost power

Eloy's Knee

This team doesnt win unless Robert hits a homerun. And now our mighty starting staff is in shambles and were starting Jimmy Lambert and Rey Rey Lopez in critical games .

If you you disagree with any of this youre just choosing to look through rose lenses which is fine, but in reality this team is F'D.

Prove me wrong, I dare you

2 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Team went 10-9 against the Kansas City Royals. There are legitimate concerns with both pitching AND hitting

TA's health

Vaughn's bat went silent

Moncada lost power

Eloy's Knee

This team doesnt win unless Robert hits a homerun. And now our mighty starting staff is in shambles and were starting Jimmy Lambert and Rey Rey Lopez in critical games .

If you you disagree with any of this youre just choosing to look through rose lenses which is fine, but in reality this team is F'D.

Challenge accepted.

Since when is Kansas City a playoff team?  If the record against KC is important, why didn't you list all of the rest of the crappy teams the Sox did beat up on?

The White Sox have eighty wins this year, and Luis Robert has 8 homers.  That is at least 72 wins that didn't have a Robert HR.

Eloy isn't dead.  Neither is TA, Lucas Giolito, Lance Lynn or any of the rest of it.  Are you trying to say that all of these players will suck in the playoffs?  This would be an interesting statement.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

TA's health

Vaughn's bat went silent

Moncada lost power

Eloy's Knee

Thanks in advance for the 400 wonderfully sarcastic “we’re doomed!” posts you just spawned.

There’s no way to prove you’re wrong, just like there’s no way for you to prove you’re right. This is dumb.

@Dick Allen now this is what miserable looks like.

5 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

TA's health

Vaughn's bat went silent 

Moncada lost power

Eloy's Knee

False.  They went 9-10 against the Royals.  Stop being so over optimistic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

TA's health

Vaughn's bat went silent

Moncada lost power

Eloy's Knee

You're wrong.  Prove me wrong, I dare you.

This is boring

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Projected playoff teams records in their last 10 games

White Sox 6-4

Tampa 6-4

Red Sox 5-5

NYY 2-8

Houston 4-6

Braves 4-6

Milwaukee 7-3

Giants 6-4

LAD 6-4

Padres 6-4

I was looking at this also. The fact is a team that goes 9-7 every 16 games would end up with 90 wins.

If the Sox have a 9-7 stretch, there’s a not too small portion of the board that loses their mind. 

46 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

TA's health

Vaughn's bat went silent

Moncada lost power

Eloy's Knee

Sox went 9-10 vs the Royals this year. Proved you wrong. Happy now?

Look im just telling you not to be surprised if this team gets bounced in the first round. Half the team is injured of in a slump

Our biggest trade acquisition cant consistently do his job ( BTW Heuer has a .090 ERA with the cubs and is under team control )

It starts upstairs-- this team was built to crumble late in the season

1 minute ago, DannyWright said:

Look im just telling you not to be surprised if this team gets bounced in the first round. Half the team is injured of in a slump

Our biggest trade acquisition cant consistently do his job ( BTW Heuer has a .090 ERA with the cubs and is under team control )

It starts upstairs-- this team was built to crumble late in the season

Every argument you just got made got demolished, so you reformed it into a new pile of crap.  If you to post like an emotional teenager, I wouldn't expect anything other than the responses you have gotten.  You want to talk about where it starts, start by reading what you post.  There might even be a crumb of truth in your meltdowns, but the burning dumpster fire of content obscures anything worth while.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Every argument you just got made got demolished, so you reformed it into a new pile of crap.  If you to post like an emotional teenager, I wouldn't expect anything other than the responses you have gotten.  You want to talk about where it starts, start by reading what you post.  There might even be a crumb of truth in your meltdowns, but the burning dumpster fire of content obscures anything worth while.

Yikes ok sorry youre so ridiculously upset and triggered over what I deem are my personal beliefs. I thought this was a public forum to exchange thoughts?

2 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Yikes ok sorry youre so ridiculously upset and triggered over what I deem are my personal beliefs. I thought this was a public forum to exchange thoughts?

Ah yes, the old "youre triggered" post.  Apparently a public forum only means you can post your nonsense, but no one can call you on your nonsense.  Come with some real content, and you will be taken seriously.  You dared everyone to prove you wrong, they did, and now it is down to your personal beliefs.  Well, at least you aren't claiming they are facts anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Challenge accepted.

Since when is Kansas City a playoff team?  If the record against KC is important, why didn't you list all of the rest of the crappy teams the Sox did beat up on?

The White Sox have eighty wins this year, and Luis Robert has 8 homers.  That is at least 72 wins that didn't have a Robert HR.

Eloy isn't dead.  Neither is TA, Lucas Giolito, Lance Lynn or any of the rest of it.  Are you trying to say that all of these players will suck in the playoffs?  This would be an interesting statement.

The Sox win 10 games/Robert home run.

So Robert only needs to hit 2 HR in the playoffs.

Checkmate haters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ah yes, the old "youre triggered" post.  Apparently a public forum only means you can post your nonsense, but no one can call you on your nonsense.  Come with some real content, and you will be taken seriously.  You dared everyone to prove you wrong, they did, and now it is down to your personal beliefs.  Well, at least you aren't claiming they are facts anymore.

Yikes, ok triggy. Hope the Sox win today so they can cheer you up. No one deserves to be THAT mad.

18 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

I thought they facts to be proven wrong not personal beliefs. Or can you prove personal beliefs wrong?

20 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

My personal belief is in the Church of Eloy. The disciples of which, now that they have returned, are bashing and mashing.

ji41trxj2q971.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Love 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Projected playoff teams records in their last 10 games

White Sox 6-4

Tampa 6-4

Red Sox 5-5

NYY 2-8

Houston 4-6

Braves 4-6

Milwaukee 7-3

Giants 6-4

LAD 6-4

Padres 6-4

The White Sox went 0-10 and the rest of AL Playoff teams went 10-0 and all threw perfect games. Get your facts straight.

Edited by RibbieRubarb