9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

He really didn't play much 

I seem to remember something about shoe inserts messing with him and that it was the Sox that recommended the inserts?  Am I even close on that or is that a story I heard about my uncle and I somehow am confusing it for a Sox story??

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I seem to remember something about shoe inserts messing with him and that it was the Sox that recommended the inserts?  Am I even close on that or is that a story I heard about my uncle and I somehow am confusing it for a Sox story??

Yea something with his feet, they suggested inserts and it never got better and he just went away forever 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

That seems vaguely familiar.  He played for like a month and then was basically out all season with a mysterious injury if I'm remembering correctly.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

That seems vaguely familiar.  He played for like a month and then was basically out all season with a mysterious injury if I'm remembering correctly.

I remember he was touted as this great offseason pickup and I was like Ok if you say so...and he was blah at best and I believe not great in the clubhouse either if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea something with his feet, they suggested inserts and it never got better and he just went away forever 

He went on the DL one spring and was never heard from again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

I remember he was touted as this great offseason pickup and I was like Ok if you say so...and he was blah at best and I believe not great in the clubhouse either if I remember correctly.

I mean he was a good prospect at one time,  but he just never got there at the big league level

honestly surprised looking at his stats that he played 94 games for the Sox 

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Vaughn hitting 5 th is an insult.  5-9 is AAA.  Need to get production from 1-4 big time.

As predicted, Vaughn leaves two men on again in the 1st, taking a third strike.  He is 4 for last 47.  Why is he even playing today or batting 5 th.? . TLR is just too stubborn.  This guy is the one that needs most rest.