9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch

southsider2k5

I wish James Fegan would ask Tony if Kopech is available to pitch, since he has pitched once (4 outs) this month, and I don't recall him warming up in other games. 

Also, I don't see how the Sox can convert him to starting for more than a few months next season with innings of 0, 0, and 54 + a few more the rest of this season.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

I agree with you but I have faith that LaRussa still knows.

I hate the way he's managing right now, but I still think if there's one thing I trust TLR about, it's load management and managing for the playoffs. It's hard to argue against his experience and pedigree there. We'll see how it works out, but I'm just going to pretend he has a plan and knows what he's doing. 

12 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I've been supportive of the Sox frequently resting players this season, etc. But that was a moment where Eloy should have been pinch hitting. I'm not saying he should have started the game or even play tomorrow, but if they aren't putting him on the IL then he should be batting for Mendick in that situation.

If not Eloy, pinch hit Leury who has been of our hottest hitters lately and can step in at SS.

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

I hate the way he's managing right now, but I still think if there's one thing I trust TLR about, it's load management and managing for the playoffs. It's hard to argue against his experience and pedigree there. We'll see how it works out, but I'm just going to pretend he has a plan and knows what he's doing. 

That is all we can do to keep our sanity.  The injuries magnify this 10 fold also.

Moncada and Eloy are not out because of rest so there is no real other options at this point. 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I wish James Fegan would ask Tony if Kopech is available to pitch, since he has pitched once (4 outs) this month, and I don't recall him warming up in other games. 

Also, I don't see how the Sox can convert him to starting for more than a few months next season with innings of 0, 0, and 54 + a few more the rest of this season.

Wish?

Did someone say Wish?

Okay everybody repeat after me:

Mekha Lekha Hai Mekha Heini Ho!

Just now, shago said:

"If the Sox are going to do something, this is the inning to do it"

- Gordon

Cutting commentary

I mean, he's seen how the bottom 4 have hit. There's not much hope if we can't get anything with Abreu and Grandal here. 

16 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Batters swinging like they just want to get on the plane home.  Pathetic effort today.

It’s too bad because baseball is still a business that needs to satisfy its customers.  You don’t pay big money or spend three hours in front of the TV to watch the crappy product on the field with these Sunday lineups. Not to mention the big bucks being paid to the players.

Edited by hankchifan
Spelling