9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They really messed up at the deadline. Relying on Engel to get healthy seems like a horrible decision.

After landing Tepera, another bat was clearly their biggest need. Deciding to push their chips in for Kimbrel over Bryant was an egregious mistake in the moment.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

They really messed up at the deadline. Relying on Engel to get healthy seems like a horrible decision.

I think had we hired Hinch like Hahn wanted to, we'd probably have Grossman as an everyday corner OFer. But we might also not have Lynn or Hendriks had we gone that route. 

2 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Oh well, they are resting up, keeping the powder dry. Just wait - If the Sox win it all we will be able to fondly recall and share with our grandkids the details of what an exciting summer postseason we enjoyed.

If they score 3 runs in a playoff series and get bounced, we will say Tony coasted way too long in September.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Same happened against Toronto. Maybe it’s me but it feels Sox have not had a lot of late game comebacks this year.

No, you're not wrong. I think we score most of our runs in the first 6 innings. We're one of the worst teams at scoring late in games.