Pitching woes

DannyWright

Lance Lynn on the IL, his numbers in previous years show steady decline as the season comes to an end.

Lucas Giolito. Jeckyl and Hyde season. Now on the IL as well with Hamstring ailment. ( soft tissue issues all over clubhouse all year, who is to blame)

Carlos Rodon. Team is anxious about his shoulder pain, afraid to pitch him and * hope* he just turns it on in postseason. Has never recorded a full season IFR

Dallas Keukel . Shame what happened here--- 100% done. Cant locate his 2 seam now it derails his limited arsenal. At least he went 5+ last night.

Cease --- extremely pleased with his maturation, would like to get him extended although rumors are he and Giolito want to take a chance on the big bucks

Michael Kopech ( future ace i thought ) IS a complete gascan now. What happened!? Looked great in relief during FOD game then it all fell apart. Could be tiring. His ERA last 3 or 4 outings is close to 20

• Like 1

the lynn history is being remedied by skipped starts and short outings down the stretch

Giolito was a minor issue which probably didn't require the time off.  It was a luxury afforded by the well earned lead.

If we had to go to war in the playoffs with Lynn, Giolito, Cease and Lopez as starters, I would still feel confident.  I don't think there is any doubt those four will be available.  That is a pretty good, worst case scenario

So seeing another doom and gloom fear thread back to back makes it obvious someone really, really needs attention, so instead of quoting, he is the other side of the coin.

Lance Lynn on the IL, -> coming back this weekend

Lucas Giolito. -> Coming back this weekend

Carlos Rodon. Coming back tomorrow

Dallas Keukel (sic) . Looked better until late last night.  Don't let him working too late in the regular season when the team is missing most of the starting rotation turn you into expecting him to work late in the playoffs.  The pen will be used A LOT more then.  Also, try copy and paste if you are a Sox fan and don't know how to spell the names of the players of your own team.

Cease --- Cease doesn't need any explanation.

Michael Kopech Has been bad lately, but hasn't suffered a velocity loss.  Odds are he is probably tipping something or falling into a pattern.  I'd be a lot more worried if he was missing velocity or stuff.

This team also has a LOT more pitchers int he pen, other than Kopech.  I wonder why those guys weren't listed?  Oh wait, that wouldn't generate attention for the OP.

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So seeing another doom and gloom fear thread back to back makes it obvious someone really, really needs attention, so instead of quoting, he is the other side of the coin.

Dallas Keukel (sic) . Looked better until late last night.  Don't let him working too late in the regular season when the team is missing most of the starting rotation turn you into expecting him to work late in the playoffs.  The pen will be used A LOT more then.  Also, try copy and paste if you are a Sox fan and don't know how to spell the names of the players of your own team.

Michael Kopech Has been bad lately, but hasn't suffered a velocity loss.  Odds are he is probably tipping something or falling into a pattern.  I'd be a lot more worried if he was missing velocity or stuff.

This team also has a LOT more pitchers int he pen, other than Kopech.  I wonder why those guys weren't listed?  Oh wait, that wouldn't generate attention for the OP.

you need help man... Are you always this pleasant?  Why do you feel the need to troll every post of mine?

14 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

you need help man... Are you always this pleasant?  Why do you feel the need to troll every post of mine?

He needs help?  Child please.  Start a thread tomorrow about how Tim Anderson is most likely done for the year and the White Sox are just not telling the fans the truth and that after the swelling went down you heard that Eloy is out 6-8 months.  

Finish the thread by telling us how James McCann is a much better option than Grandal and that Fernando Tatis should not have been traded.

Then on Saturday tell us all how there will be a lockout and no baseball season in 2022.

Then on Sunday give us some updated stats on COVID and tell us how the USMNT will not qualify for the World Cup.

On Monday you can expound on the Bears and point out how great Chris Sale is. 

Edited by Harry Chappas
  • Fire 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

He needs help?  Child please.  Start a thread tomorrow about how Tim Anderson is most likely done for the year and the White Sox are just not telling the fans the truth and that after the swelling went down you heard that Eloy is out 6-8 months.  

Finish the thread by telling us how James McCann is a much better option than Grandal and that Fernando Tatis should not have been traded.

Then on Saturday tell us all how there will be a lockout and no baseball season in 2022.

Then on Sunday give us some updated stats on COVID and tell us how the USMNT will not qualify for the World Cup.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Then on Sunday give us s omeupdated stats on COVID and tell us how the USMNT will not qualify for the World Cup.

the hell...??

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Classic half empty vs. half full stuff in this thread. More compelling message board stuff regarding differences in human nature. I think this post is closer to the truth. Obviously to win the first playoff series we need Rodon, Cease and Lynn to be our starting anchors. Keuchel has to surprise and excel in his playoff starts. Then there's Kopech, the two ex Cubs and Liam. It's not a bad relief setup if Tony uses them right. I'd prefer Tony ride the starters deep into the playoff games. Give me seven innings baby and then ride the hottest of the four bullpen stalwarts.

Sox have a chance despite all the injuries. They also could get swept in the first series. Anything's possible. Team health has been abysmal all season.

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Classic half empty vs. half full stuff in this thread. More compelling message board stuff regarding differences in human nature. I think this post is closer to the truth. Obviously to win the first playoff series we need Rodon, Cease and Lynn to be our starting anchors. Keuchel has to surprise and excel in his playoff starts. Then there's Kopech, the two ex Cubs and Liam. It's not a bad relief setup if Tony uses them right. I'd prefer Tony ride the starters deep into the playoff games. Give me seven innings baby and then ride the hottest of the four bullpen stalwarts.

Sox have a chance despite all the injuries. They also could get swept in the first series. Anything's possible. Team health has been abysmal all season.

Agreed, a lot needs to go right for this team to coast into the playoffs fully healthy, strong and ready to go.