50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the MVP of the Sox

• Yermin Mercedes
    • Andrew Vaughn
    • Carlos Rodon
    • Lance Lynn
    • Jose Abreu
    • Reynaldo Lopez
    • Combo of bench guys (Billy/Goodwin/Leury,etc)
    • Timmy Anderson

20 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I honestly think its CRAZY that Abreu is leading. 

I could probably put 4 players easily ahead of him (Lynn, Rodon, Hendriks, Anderson).  You could even make a case for Moncada without too much effort too.

Your kidding about Abreu right? What team you watch? That is a hellfire hot take

On 9/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, BrianAnderson said:

Sorry to offend you so much with a poll. Hope you can push through and have a great weekend ... :) 

Feel free to write your vote in. I'll make sure to count it into the imaginary soxtalk votes that are registered to the fake mvp award that is (not) awarded to any player in the end. 

Just not sure how anyone who follows the White Sox would list a player who fizzled out after a few weeks, and hasn’t been here for most of the season an MVP candidate, while omitting a top player in the process.

2021 Chicago White Sox fWAR:

• 0.3 Jake Burger
  • 0.3 Adam Eaton
  • 0.2 Jake Lamb
  • 0.2 Dylan Cease (Hitter)
  • 0.1 Yermin Mercedes
Edited by South Side Hit Men

I don't know about MVP, but the story of the season has to be Rodon. It wasn't a surprise to anyone when he was released. I think it was a surprise to everyone when he resigned with us. No one thought he would be anything. Not even the most optimistic of us. 

Where would this team be without him, honestly? I'd be so frustrated if they let him walk and he did what he's doing with us in another uniform.

39 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I don't know about MVP, but the story of the season has to be Rodon. It wasn't a surprise to anyone when he was released. I think it was a surprise to everyone when he resigned with us. No one thought he would be anything. Not even the most optimistic of us. 

Where would this team be without him, honestly? I'd be so frustrated if they let him walk and he did what he's doing with us in another uniform.

The guys battling for the 5th starter spot in Spring Training have both had surprising seasons.  Lopez has been pretty amazing considering how bad his numbers were in Charlotte.

• Like 1