GT 9/11: BOS @ SOX, 6:10

CentralChamps21

Just now, wegner said:

Way to take your time getting someone up in the pen.....fucking LaRussa.

Yeah, this. There are nights when your starter, even the best ones, just don't have it. Can't leave him out there to give up 7 runs, especially when the opposing starter is hittable. Keeping this inning at 3-2 or even 4-2 makes this still a winnable game, but Tony just doesn't want to pull starters this early.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

This is why a Cease playoff start scares fans not over the hump yet.

This. DC has obviously made great strides this year but he still has those once every so often games where he shits the bed. You can't roll the dice in the playoffs and hope he doesn't have one.  He Keuchel-ed all over the place, tonight.

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

I think Cease destroys himself.   Same theme since asg.  Nothing new.

All the walks scored.  Walks opened the floodgates.  He should have been taken out earlier and  not  be allowed to pitch to Shaw to keep the game manageable.  Games seem to move too fast for TLR.

Just now, Sox80 said:

Yeah it's Larussa's  fault Cease was crap tonight. 

Oh yeah I forgot nothing is ever Tony's fault at all....give me a fucking break.  Manage your damn pitching staff better.  I'm getting sick of him treating these games like they don't matter.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Who do you want to see in there? 

Not Cease for as long as he was....like was said earlier it was not his night and the game moved too fast for TLR.  He let this game get away. I do not always criticize him but I will when it is deserved.

• Thanks 1