GT 9/11: BOS @ SOX, 6:10

CentralChamps21

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Mendick isn’t a major leaguer anymore

There are quite a few players on this team that fall into the category.  This team is not built for an extended playoff run.

The 2005 team won these games. 

Edited by GradMc
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, wegner said:

Those at bats by Garcia and Mendick....wow....just wow....guy who's been getting hit hard by right handed hitters and can't get any balls in play.  AWFULNESS. 

This team will lose a postseason game because they’re allergic to hitting fly balls with someone on third with less than 2 outs

• Like 1

Just now, GradMc said:

There are quite a few players on this team that fall into the category.  This team is not built for an extended playoff run  

Yep we need to forfeit the rest of the season and let someone else in instead of us. We're wasting everyone's time. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Don’t understand that pinch run move TLR.

I don’t understand most of TLR moves.  He has been a terrible manager. Hope he retires after this season.

Mendick pinch hitting and then leaving Goodwin in against the lefty. I would have taken my chances with Sheets and Vaughn.  Mendick as a pinch hitter in that situation is unacceptable.  Would have brought Crochet in the top of 10 th. I am so frustrated that in practically every game, a TLR move has to be questioned.  His station to station style, never putting a runner in play, is not working.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Your Padres are a disgrace.  Worst body language I’ve ever seen for a team in contention.

The difference is they will fire Tingler and try to bring in Francona, Bochy, etc.…whereas the White Sox losing to Houston won’t even out a dent in LaRussa’s protective armor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

I don’t understand most of TLR moves.  He has been a terrible manager. Hope he retires after this season.

Mendick pinch hitting and then leaving Goodwin in against the lefty. I would have taken my chances with Sheets and Vaughn.  Mendick as a pinch hitter in that situation is unacceptable.  Would have brought Crochet in the top of 10 th. I am so frustrated that in practically every game, a TLR move has to be questioned.  His station to station style, never putting a runner in play, is not working.

If Vaughn is so badly hurt he can’t take that at bat against a lefty, why isn’t he on the IL with Burger up?

• Like 2

Vaughn was not available according to the broadcast.

I’d rather the guy I’m hearing speak right now down there rather than TLR. But let’s listen to the rich guy who owns the team and not second guess the decisions.

7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

They said Vaughn was unavailable. Sheets has a .200 OPS v lefties. Goodwin is just as terrible, but you have to pinch hit with 1 out if youre going to do it vs 2. The problem is Mendick shouldn't even be on this roster but is what it is.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They said Vaughn was unavailable. Sheets has a .200 OPS v lefties. Goodwin is just as terrible, but you have to pinch hit with 1 out if youre going to do it vs 2. The problem isn't Mendick shouldn't even be on this roster but is what it is.

Sheets wouldn't have done anything against that pitcher.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If Vaughn is so badly hurt he can’t take that at bat against a lefty, why isn’t he on the IL with Burger up?

Same reason Boston couldn't use Martinez last night or tonight. Banged up but that doesn't send him to IL

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

The worst move of the game was leaving Cease in too long. Should have been out before giving up that home run.

Next worst move was subbing Hamilton for Gonzalez, and then pinch hitting Sheets for Hamilton in the same inning. Can't burn two guys in one spot in the same inning in a one run game that might go to extras.

Once those moves were made, the 10th pretty much played out the only way it could.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They said Vaughn was unavailable. Sheets has a .200 OPS v lefties. Goodwin is just as terrible, but you have to pinch hit with 1 out if youre going to do it vs 2. The problem isn't Mendick shouldn't even be on this roster but is what it is.

So everyone remember the part where Hamilton was used for a 1 inning replacement in the 8th and then Tony said “oops” and used Sheets in the 9th? Woulda been nice to not do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Where do you think they’ll end up in the postseason? Let’s hear it.

I really don't know but as frustrating as this loss is (along with a number of them this season), I'm just enjoying watching high leverage baseball after the long drought following the 05 team. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1