Vaughn's legs are bothering him

southsider2k5

So for days all we read on this board is how bad Vaughn is. How he shouldn't be in the line up. One that stated he needed to work on his game in Glendale. He is hurt and doesn't play, and now the guy is a wuss or the White Sox don't want to win. The pharmaceutical companies must be making a fortune off Soxtalk members. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

So for days all we read on this board is how bad Vaughn is. How he shouldn't be in the line up. One that stated he needed to work on his game in Glendale. He is hurt and doesn't play, and now the guy is a wuss or the White Sox don't want to win. The pharmaceutical companies must be making a fortune off Soxtalk members. 

I think if Soxtalk were on its meds, this page wouldn't be so manic.

• Like 2

Option 3: he is too hurt to play in several games in a row and can’t pinch hit against a lefty? Put him on the IL and call up Burger.

Option 4: have a manager who understands he has a limited bench and this avoids blowing his two healthy backup outfielders in the 8th and 9th, thus preventing the other manager from boxing him in.

• Like 1

I have not had the urge to pile up on Vaughn because, under normal circumstances, he would have spent most of the season in the minors. I am hoping that his bad stretch won't hurt his confidence. I am going to call him a wuss, either.

But listing an injury as sore legs just sounds strange. If I were LaRussa, I would have phrased it differently or gave another reason for Vaughn not being in the lineup. Or don't say anything at all. With his slump, it is reasonable not to have him in the lineup.  But then again, many things seem strange with the White Sox right now.

8 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I have not had the urge to pile up on Vaughn because, under normal circumstances, he would have spent most of the season in the minors. I am hoping that his bad stretch won't hurt his confidence. I am going to call him a wuss, either.

But listing an injury as sore legs just sounds strange. If I were LaRussa, I would have phrased it differently or gave another reason for Vaughn not being in the lineup. Or don't say anything at all. With his slump, it is reasonable not to have him in the lineup.  But then again, many things seem strange with the White Sox right now.

His legs are probably sore, but the most likely scenario with what is going on with him is he likely has hit a wall. Most players have at least a couple of full minor league seasons under their belts when they get to this level, he has none. A little mental and physical break could be just what he needs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

His legs are probably sore, but the most likely scenario with what is going on with him is he likely has hit a wall. Most players have at least a couple of full minor league seasons under their belts when they get to this level, he has none. A little mental and physical break could be just what he needs.

Then he should have been available for one at bat in the 10th inning yesterday, under circumstances favorable to him having success.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Then he should have been available for one at bat in the 10th inning yesterday, under circumstances favorable to him having success.

So people complain he shouldn’t bat where he bats in the line up, say he cannot hit with RISP, then b**** when he isn’t sent up to hit with RISP. Makes a lot of sense. Give him a break. I do not like Tony LaRussa the human being or manager, but he made the right move keeping him in the dugout.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So people complain he shouldn’t bat where he bats in the line up, say he cannot hit with RISP, then b**** when he isn’t sent up to hit with RISP. Makes a lot of sense. Give him a break. I do not like Tony LaRussa the human being or manager, but he made the right move keeping him in the dugout.

Balta suffers from an extremely advanced case of TLR Derangement Syndrome. Unfortunately I think it is too late for treatment. Balta is too far gone. 

Then, why not just say that? Say he is slumping and needs a day or two off to get back on track. During my long years as a fan, I have never heard of a player being benched for sore legs. It just sounds odd. And weird. Why wouldn't any player have some soreness this time of the season anyway?

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I wouldn’t say we are all schizophrenic and just reversing our takes. More likely there are a couple groups of people each with their own take and as circumstances change one or the other group gets more vocal.

Dude’s body is exhausted.  

Going to have to push through it, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a decent amount of days off over the next few weeks. 

Especially after Leury’s HR today, and Engel on his way back.  

A healthy Vaughn is the bat we want in the playoffs.  Having a threat like him in the lower third of the order is huge.