GT 9/12: Red Sox @ White Sox

Bob Sacamano

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

I think unjustified hubris may have been a factor n the Kimbrel trade.

Like I said, he got caught in the moment…or Rick went out and got a sandwich and Kenny picked up the phone. Truthfully I think that the powers that be looked at the incredible year Rodan was having as well as ‘Lynn and thought that maybe within this ‘window’ this is the best chance that we have to win the World Series and went for it. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Kimbrel is an 8 time All-Star who, at the trade had an ERA of 0.49 and WHIP of .70 while striking out almost 16/per 9. Madrigal was on the DL and out for the season. Heuer showed flashes but hadn't distinguished himself so as to be missed (granted he has performed better in Cub uniform). I don't think Hahn/Williams can be critized for the trade logic. The issue here is Kimbrels performance since coming over. I don't think anyone could have expected he would struggle this badly....certainly not based upon his performance at time of trade. 

Yes I think you can fault the trade because you can’t just take a relief pitcher from a non-contending team and expect he’s gonna perform the same on a team in a pennant race and in another league.

And frankly I continue to be annoyed when players go from the White Sox to other organizations and excel. it just shows how poor our player development is.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, chisoxt said:

Yes I think you can fault the trade because you can’t just take a relief pitcher from a non-contending team and expect he’s gonna perform the same on a team in a pennant race and in another league.

And frankly I continue to be annoyed when players go from the White Sox to other organizations and excel. it just shows how poor our player development is.

I fault the Kimbrel trade.  But it is not one of our worse deals. Not even close to Tatis Jr and Semien.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Revisionist history? We discussed this the day they made the trade there was way too much risk for a guy who had been inconsistent and not what he once was.. and that trading for a guy at his absolute peak value was a terrible decision. Just because the media told you they got the best player available doesn't make it true.  This was bad process since day 1. No one pays their 8th inning guy 18 million and gives up assets to do so.

Ssssshhh none of this matters. Kimbrel will get 8 saves in the playoffs and Cesar will hit for the cycle every other game!

• Like 1