AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

46 minutes ago, zisk said:

what happened to that SOB. Hernandez has never had a stretch this bad in his career. I'd like to kick him in the nads.

Get in line

The Indians and Cubbies screwed us at the deadline.

My apologies to Tepera however for saying he sucked when he first got here 😎

Edited by wegner

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

His mechanics are all fucked up. It's why he can't spot his fastball and why his curve usually isn't a strike. Boston basically decided they were just gonna take pitches against him cause they knew he couldn't get the curve in the zone. 

The Cubs knew how to fix him when he got like this. We have no real answers and it's aggravating. Not only is he blowing games, but we also paid out the ass for him. 

The cubs did not know how to fix him All quick n snazzy.  He sucked ball ass with them for quite a bit.  

4 hours ago, hi8is said:

I do believe this is the only positive sentiment on game two of a winning thread. Hysterical.

Seriously. That was a fun series against a team fighting to keep their season alive and we very nearly swept them. They were shorthanded, but fortunately for other teams we have to say that about them but never need to qualify our own success or losses on that.

I imagine a lot of the board was at the game yesterday, it was hot as hell but a good time. Very likely my last regular season game, hopefully I can get a few more games in october.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Yes, but at least Kimbrel may have trade value. Sox paid for Hernandez's extra year and now they'd be idiots to pick it up. Both deals are horrid. Par for the course for this front office.

I don’t understand why the Sox would want to pick up Kimbrel’s option, unless they have a set trade partner. Can’t risk tying up yet another $16M on an older player, as a set up reliever/Liam insurance, with far more important holes to fill (SP, RF, likely 2B).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Seriously. That was a fun series against a team fighting to keep their season alive and we very nearly swept them. They were shorthanded, but fortunately for other teams we have to say that about them but never need to qualify our own success or losses on that.

I imagine a lot of the board was at the game yesterday, it was hot as hell but a good time. Very likely my last regular season game, hopefully I can get a few more games in october.

All about timing.  We faced New York at the wrong time same with Houston.  Means nothing in October.  

Not one word in the winning game thread about Lance Lynn who was masterful as was Rodon. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

All about timing.  We faced New York at the wrong time same with Houston.  Means nothing in October.  

Not one word in the winning game thread about Lance Lynn who was masterful as was Rodon. 

This was the best Lynn had looked since early in the year, when he threw that CG shutout against KC. He had his best velocity in a long time and he held it pretty well despite the knee flaring up on him. Just gotta hope the knee is good by the time October rolls around, cause we're gonna need this version of Lynn in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

I just have so much confidence in Lynn, that either he will be very good, or he knows his body so well that he will figure out in short order what is needed to keep himself good.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lynn, Crochet and Ruiz were great. Leury was clutch . Jose and Eloy need to wake up. Kimbrel should be demoted . Tepera time in the 8th. Bummer, Crochet, Kopech Ruiz should all pitch ahead of Kimbrel .

The only one that has been consistently better than Kimbrel is Crochet. 

The catcher blocking a pitch in the dirt and CF making a play he is expected to and it is a sweep and great weekend for Kimbrel.