Gio back, Collins up, Mendick and Seby down

SouthSideGeorgia

6 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Any insight into the Seby and Collins decision? Is it as simple as lefty v. Righty or something more? I mean at the end of the day, we need to ride the hot bat of Grandal…

Nice to have Giolito back. Just need Timmy and Engel.  

I think the reasons for sending Seby down just whizzed right by him in the dirt.

Also, interesting that Mendick went down instead of Gonzalez. Perhaps Mendick is the DFA when Marshall comes of the 60 day IL.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993

10 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Any insight into the Seby and Collins decision? Is it as simple as lefty v. Righty or something more? I mean at the end of the day, we need to ride the hot bat of Grandal…

Nice to have Giolito back. Just need Timmy and Engel.  

Where are you seeing this?

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Collins needed to return so that the White Sox could preserve his option status. He didn't spend 20 days in the minors so the option doesn't count. He'll have an option remaining coming into the 2022 season now. 

Good point.

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Collins needed to return so that the White Sox could preserve his option status. He didn't spend 20 days in the minors so the option doesn't count. He'll have an option remaining coming into the 2022 season now. 

Man, I appreciate your depth of knowledge to understand all the roster jockeying Hahn has made this year.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

That makes sense but why even send him down instead of Seby to begin with when Grandal came back?

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

That makes sense but why even send him down instead of Seby to begin with when Grandal came back?

Well I think they thought that Zavala was more useful. Now they're bringing back Collins because Seby stinks too and it preserves Collins' option status and makes him much easier to trade this offseason

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Season ends next Tuesday it isn't gonna change anything 

Oh that’s right, I forgot about that. It’s possible that it may be Mike Wright than but TLR likes to have as many options in the bullpen as possible so I don’t think it will be him but we should find out hopefully today. 

Edited by maloney.adam