9/14 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

From the whitesox.com transactions page:

09/14/21 Chicago White Sox placed 1B Andrew Vaughn on the 10-day injured list. Lower back inflammation.
09/14/21 Chicago White Sox activated SS Tim Anderson from the 10-day injured list.
09/13/21 Chicago White Sox activated RHP Lucas Giolito from the 10-day injured list.
09/13/21 Chicago White Sox recalled C Zack Collins from Charlotte Knights.
09/13/21 Chicago White Sox optioned C Seby Zavala to Charlotte Knights.
09/13/21 Chicago White Sox optioned SS Danny Mendick to Charlotte Knights.

Doesn't specifically state so, but I would think Vaughn's IL stint would be retroactive.

I don't recall seeing this anywhere, but James Fegan slipped in the Sox are currently using a six man rotation.

I wonder if that is for the rest of the season, or just to get through the Cleveland series, and then setting up the playoff rotation with the final short week (5 games).

7 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Is Giolito confirmed as the starter tonight?  They removed his start today for my fantasy team and White Sox site still says TBD.

Yes, every future game is TBD, likely trying to slot their 5-6 man rotation through end of season / first playoff round. Perhaps they will skip a turn for Dallas and or Reynaldo.

Days since last start:

•  (9/12) Lance Lynn
  • 3 (9/11) Dylan Cease
  • 4 (9/10) Carlos Rodon
  • 5 (9/9) Reynaldo Lopez
  • 6 (9/8) Dallas Keuchel
  • 14 (8/31) Lucas Giolito

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don't recall seeing this anywhere, but James Fegan slipped in the Sox are currently using a six man rotation.

I wonder if that is for the rest of the season, or just to get through the Cleveland series, and then setting up the playoff rotation with the final short week (5 games).

With 14 games in 13 days it makes sense leading into the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Packy Naughton. What a dumb name

Fastball: Sits 90-93; sinks it low; modest arm-side run; predominantly flat elsewhere in the zone. Draws weak contact in the lower third; barrel magnet when he tries to elevate. Deception slightly pads quality; modest velocity and movement profile will give him smaller margin for error at the big league level. Grade: 45

Curveball: Often lacks target zone velocity, sitting around 74-76. Inconsistent arm speed, release point and follow through. Shows sharp 1/7 break at its best; decent amount of slow rolling hangers up in the zone. Backdoors it to steal strikes and works it low as a spike pitch. Swing and miss is more so a product of pitchability than raw stuff. Grade: 45

Changeup: Above-average offering; optimal velo separation at 80-83. Features late tumble and solid arm-side fade. Maintains arm speed; thrown with conviction; shows confidence utilizing the pitch in FB counts. Elicits weak contact and swing and miss from both LHB and RHB. Grade: 55

Control and Command: Crafty southpaw with advanced pitchability. Impressive control; pounds the zone with quality strikes; sequences well, avoiding predictable patterns and locations. Actively attacks the edges of the plate; gives up loud well barreled shots in the heart of the zone. Above-average command of FB and CH; CB command significantly lags behind. Control: 60 | Command: 55

Name:  Extremely Stupid.  Grade:  25

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Knew I was forgetting something.

Edit: although by now we all should know that a Tuesday, first game of a home series is a night game.

I know, I'm just accustomed to glancing at the game thread in the morning to remind me when they're playing, not a big thing obviously!

• Thanks 1