AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Good win. Would have preferred NOT loading the bases in 3 out of 4 innings, but c'est la vie. Robert looks amazing. What about 1. Anderson 2. Yoan 3. Robert 4. Abreu 5. Grandal 6. Eloy 7. Sheets 8. Leury or Goodwin or eventually Vaughn 9. Hernandez?  At least until Eloy heats up?

I have been thinking this too. I think Jose would be fine with 4.

Eloy at 6 seems low but at full strength whoever we put at 6 is gonna seem too low

5 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

was Giolito being pulled after 4 IP planned?

I would believe it was more a pitch count decision.  Plus, he labored a bit in the 4th.  If he gets out of the 4th as easy as the other innings, he probably would have at least started the 5th.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When Eloy got off the IL and started hitting bombs everyone thought he would pass Moncada easily but he has slowed down since. Here's the race:

Moncada  11

Sheets 9

Eloy 8

Robert 8

Does Moncada retain the lead ? Whats the order of finish between Sheets , Eloy and Robert ?

Beating a dead horse, but I still cant believe Moncada only has 11 bombs with his power. I honestly thought he would be a 30 threat every year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Saved the big guns for today--when Keuchel is pitching.

I have no idea what you are alluding to...I'll have you know that Dallas is the only starting pitcher on this staff to win a Cy Young....well the only one for now that is.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When Eloy got off the IL and started hitting bombs everyone thought he would pass Moncada easily but he has slowed down since. Here's the race:

Moncada  11

Sheets 9

Eloy 8

Robert 8

Does Moncada retain the lead ? Whats the order of finish between Sheets , Eloy and Robert ?

This is fun.

I don't think Sheets gets the playing time to hold off Eloy and Robert (although every AB of his feels like it could go 440 ft).

I'll say they finish like this:

Yoan 13

Robert 13

Eloy 12

Sheets 11

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

This is fun.

I don't think Sheets gets the playing time to hold off Eloy and Robert (although every AB of his feels like it could go 440 ft).

Yoan 13

Robert 13

Eloy 12

Sheets 11

Thanks for playing. I think you might be a bit optimistic on your HR totals. There are only 18 games left in the season. I'd love if Robert hit 5 more, Eloy 4 and Sheets and Moncada 2 apiece in the time remaining.

Eloy in the last 20 games has hit 3 HR's. But in his 1st 10 games returning from injury he hit 5.  8 in 151 AB's

Yoan has hit 3 in his last 26 games. Since the start of August 2 in a 116 AB's but he does draw many walks.

Robert in the 28 games since he returned has hit 7. 7 in 116 AB's

Sheets has hit 3 in his last 10 games . Officially 3 HR's in last 27 AB's. 9 in 118 AB's for the season.

I'll go a bit more conservative and say this is how it finishes.

They all finish with 11 .

36 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thanks for playing. I think you might be a bit optimistic on your HR totals. There are only 18 games left in the season. I'd love if Robert hit 5 more, Eloy 4 and Sheets and Moncada 2 apiece in the time remaining.

Eloy in the last 20 games has hit 3 HR's. But in his 1st 10 games returning from injury he hit 5.  8 in 151 AB's

Yoan has hit 3 in his last 26 games. Since the start of August 2 in a 116 AB's but he does draw many walks.

Robert in the 28 games since he returned has hit 7. 7 in 116 AB's

Sheets has hit 3 in his last 10 games . Officially 3 HR's in last 27 AB's. 9 in 118 AB's for the season.

I'll go a bit more conservative and say this is how it finishes.

They all finish with 11 .

It felt a bit optimistic, but the way I see it:

Robert, at the moment, feels like a threat to go deep every AB

I think Eloy gets in a groove sooner than later, and his homers can come in bunches

I can see Sheets hitting two more in the same game and then zero the rest of the way due to sporadic playing time

Yoan...yeah I don't know. That's probably the most optimistic of them all

9 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Beating a dead horse, but I still cant believe Moncada only has 11 bombs with his power. I honestly thought he would be a 30 threat every year. 

He'll get there. He's still just 26 and for all we know has been really banged up in his year after covid.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 7:23 AM, Snopek said:

This is fun.

Yoan 13

Robert 13

Eloy 12

Sheets 11

On September 15th when I asked for the HR totals at the end of the season it stood:

Moncada  11

Sheets 9

Eloy 8

Robert 8

Final season totals

Yoan 14  - hit  3 from Sept 15th on

Robert 13 -hit 5 from Sept.15th

Sheets 11- Hit 2 from Sept 15th

Eloy 10- Hit 2 from Sept 15th

I said they'd all finish with 11 so it's great they did better than that especially Yoan and Robert. Those 4 hit 12 combined HR's from Sept 15th to the end of the season. I predicted only 8 more and you predicted 11 . You got Robert and Sheets exactly . I only got Sheets right. Eloy disappointed us both. Moncada did better than we both expected which is huge for the post season if he has found his power stroke.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2