9/15 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

3 balls hit at 100+ MPH that inning. I think we're seeing this guy better the 2nd time through alright. 

Junk has proven truer to his name in the 4 th.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

no one warming up of course 

TLR has no sense of urgency.  I think the game is moving a bit too fast for him.

Just now, fathom said:

He looks finished in the majors 

He's fine as a 4 inning pitcher. I know people might come on here and dunk on me because DK pitched out of it. Cool. We've seen him blow games in that exact situation like 7 times this year.

I think if you used Keuchel behind an opener or only let him go twice through the order, he can still be effective. The issue is Tony always tries to push him for 5 or 6 when things are going well and he implodes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He's fine as a 4 inning pitcher. I know people might come on here and dunk on me because DK pitched out of it. Cool. We've seen him blow games in that exact situation like 7 times this year.

I think if you used Keuchel behind an opener or only let him go twice through the order, he can still be effective. The issue is Tony always tries to push him for 5 or 6 when things are going well and he implodes.

I just don’t see how he can effectively get hitters out with his mix of stuff and command

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

This.  DK needs a manager to put him in the right situation, not just run him out there every 5 days like any other starter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

There's no way you can say he pitched a good game given how many guys he let on base. Yeah he got out of jams, but if the Angels weren't running out 3 real hitters and a AAA lineup, Keuchel probably would have given up 5 runs already. 

My biggest concern with him is that he's a control pitcher with bad stuff that can no longer command the strike zone. The thing that made him good before is something he can't do anymore. 

• Like 2

Just now, chw42 said:

There's no way you can say he pitched a good game given how many guys he let on base. Yeah he got out of jams, but if the Angels weren't running out 3 real hitters and a AAA lineup, Keuchel probably would have given up 5 runs already. 

My biggest concern with him is that he's a control pitcher with bad stuff that can no longer command the strike zone. The thing that made him good before is something he can't do anymore. 

This is accurate.