9/15 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s more about seeing someone a 3rd time which is more important to judging success than pitch count 

And when he’s actually pitching well, and you used the bullpen hard yesterday, I support letting him try a third time through, though would have someone up in the sixth with a quicker hook than letting him pitch through the fifth. Also can give him confidence for the next start.

Big picture. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm actually going to the game tomorrow instead of tonight because I wanted to avoid seeing Keuchel pitch lol

Smart man.

Edited by hi8is
Well, it does look like you’re missing out on 2 or 3 innings of Kopech and hopefully a white Sox winner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

OK Goodwin, we're not even asking for a hit, now. A fly ball deep enough to get the run in.

Oh man, going to a lefty already, well....

You and I both know we don't know how to hit sac flies. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's fine as a 4 inning pitcher. I know people might come on here and dunk on me because DK pitched out of it. Cool. We've seen him blow games in that exact situation like 7 times this year.

I think if you used Keuchel behind an opener or only let him go twice through the order, he can still be effective. The issue is Tony always tries to push him for 5 or 6 when things are going well and he implodes.

Tony hardly ever adjusts his ways.  He should also be watching the Angels hit and running with Ohtani and avoiding a double play in the last inning, something that he should try with Abreu periodically to stay away from the DP.  Tony seems to insist on station to station baseball, which has led to many double plays being hit, as the Sox is primarily a ground ball hitting team.

• Like 1