9/15 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Anderson out already.  Did they ever name a specific injury for him?

I think I remember someone saying that LaRussa indicated Tim will be playing every other game for awhile to keep him fresh??

44 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think I remember someone saying that LaRussa indicated Tim will be playing every other game for awhile to keep him fresh??

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

TA is only playing every other day for the time being.  TLR said as much to the beat reporters.

Ok thanks. I had not heard that.  Good to know that it was planned.

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Man it's important to rest guys but it's also  important to get home field against the Astros.

Well if you look at the Astros schedule, the last three series are against the A’s and the Ray’s so we just need to stay within a game of them and hopefully they falter a bit.

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Well if you look at the Astros schedule, the last three series are against the A’s and the Ray’s so I think we just need to stay within a game of them and hopefully they falter a bit.

Hopefully the A's play well enough to not get eliminated before then.

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Well if you look at the Astros schedule, the last three series are against the A’s and the Ray’s so we just need to stay within a game of them and hopefully they falter a bit.

The other side of the coin is the Rays could well be resting people to get ready for the playoffs.

Just now, elrockinMT said:

I will let you know LaRussa’s thoughts on this as soon as he returns my calls

Better page the dude on here who’s obsessed with the idea that he’s in line for the next GM vacancy.

I’m sure Tony has him on speed dial.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Dallas is at 145.1 innings.  If Sox keep him under 160 IP, his vesting option for 2023 is torn up.  Obviously, the hope is Dallas figures it out next season and is back to being a solid #4 type.  WOuld be ideal to just keep him under 160 this year.  Making a regular start every 5th game, he'd have 4 starts left including today.

IMO, I'd give him 2 more at 5 innings max and then let Lambert take the last 2 and get Keuchel ready for the pen role he's going to have in October.  

Would be really dumb to let him throw like 165 innings.  

Dallas is making it easy on the coaches to pull him early in games.  They don't even need to be sneaky about it, he simply can't go more than 3-4 right now without setting new exit velo records

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

I'm thinking we see guys like Tim and others get days off for the next 9-10 games. For the last 8 or 9 games we see a very close approximation of the playoff lineups.