9/16 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 1:10pm

maloney.adam

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Just a pure guess, this is about the time to see someone else in CF.

Day game after a night game, so we'll almost certainly see Collins at C today. Grandal might DH.

Moncada and Robert have both been getting one game off in just about every series, so I expect one or both to be off today.

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'm also frustrated when I don't get to watch our full team play.  But the truth is this is exactly the moment you'd expect players to be resting.  

I don't believe we've seen our full team play all season?

Have we had a single game with this lineup (ignoring batting order):

TA SS, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Eloy DH, Grandal C, Robert CF, Vaughn LF, Engel RF, Hernandez/Garcia/whoever at this point 2B.  I don't think we have, and I think we've only had a few not counting Engel too.  

30 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'm also frustrated when I don't get to watch our full team play.  But the truth is this is exactly the moment you'd expect players to be resting.  

The way I see it, LaRussa has been resting them a great deal during the whole season. They should not be at the point of exhaustion. There will be time after the regular season for rest. HFA is important. The White Sox should be playing for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

The way I see it, LaRussa has been resting them a great deal during the whole season. They should not be at the point of exhaustion. There will be time after the regular season for rest. HFA is important. The White Sox should be playing for it.

They should have, but it’s probably over. Sox will lose six games, Astros will win 9 more out of 17.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

They should have, but it’s probably over. Sox will lose six games, Astros will win 9 more out of 17.

Then we can rest players if and when Astros clinch HFA.  We need to continue fighting for HFA in the meantime.  

Edited by hankchifan

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

Better lineup than expected, considering its getaway day + TLR.

No Goodwin.  Pleasant surprise.  On the other hand no Grandal.  No Moncada.  I hope fo r the first time in the season, we make Grandal and/ or Moncada available for pinch hitting as warranted.TLR has been too formulaic, not adjusting to circumstances.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't believe we've seen our full team play all season?

Have we had a single game with this lineup (ignoring batting order):

TA SS, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Eloy DH, Grandal C, Robert CF, Vaughn LF, Engel RF, Hernandez/Garcia/whoever at this point 2B.  I don't think we have, and I think we've only had a few not counting Engel too.  

The first Cubs game on the south side is the closest we have come.