9/16 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 1:10pm

maloney.adam

Just now, chw42 said:

I'm not sure what the hell the positioning was on the double by Mayfield. If you're gonna throw him an off speed pitch you gotta play the line at third. Romy was way off. That ball wasn't even hit hard. 

He was also playing way too close considering it was 0-2 count

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Hope Tony has the same accountability and is also shit canned if the Sox have another one and done playoff exit, especially in light of all the additional resources both coaching and the substantial player upgrades provided this offseason. 

Someone would have to pass away first for that to happen...

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

His defense fucked him.  He should have been out of this inning with no damage.

I agree. Should have gotten an out on Tim's error and the double he gave up is a double play if the positioning made any sense. 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hope Tony has the same accountability and is also shit canned if the Sox have another one and done playoff exit, especially in light of all the additional resources both coaching and the substantial player upgrades provided this offseason.

I have a feeling someone else would be the scapegoat

Just now, wegner said:

I am not going to say we are doomed in the playoffs just because we are playing poorly, but damn I wish we were playing a lot more like the Blue Jays these days.

Too many bumps and bruises. Sox are mentally and physically shooting for the playoffs and that's it. Considering the easy run to the division title, it's the smart play, the smart bet. Gotta hope to catch lightning in a playoff bottle.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yeah, those great upgrades like Hernandez and Kimbrel. 

If anyone needs to go if another failed postseason, it would be Hahn at this point.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

OK bats stop hitting the snooze alarm and get up for work !

Bats were rocking and rolling during Game One of the series. Poor Sox have had the division wrapped up for so long it's just been a waiting game for the postseason. It's all about medical treatments right now, not baseball. Right?