9/16 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 1:10pm

maloney.adam

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is amazing that we fired Ricky because of how the team finished last year, and the belief that he couldn't get us over the top, they bring Tony in from the grave because of his history and Hall of Fame self, yet this team has all of the same weaknesses, and the same stumble down the stretch. 

Totally different TBF.  This team has had the division wrapped up for a month now.  There is literally zero chance of blowing it.  They blew the division last year and puckered like bitches.  Now if they do the same in the playoffs and get swept yea I'll be leading the charge to fire Tony.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Totally different TBF.  This team has had the division wrapped up for a month now.  There is literally zero chance of blowing it.  They blew the division last year and puckered like bitches.  Now if they do the same in the playoffs and get swept yea I'll be leading the charge to fire Tony.

That team had a playoff birth wrapped up as well, and fell apart down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Unfortunately my prediction is coming true...

Team will limp into playoffs and get swept.

2000 white Sox all over again.

How the fuck is your prediction coming true? They can finish the season with a 10 game winning streak and also win the 1st round. Your lame prediction isn't even close to coming true.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

Among others. It is amazing how many times this team gets pounded like this. They can look dominating one day and like the Cubs the next. Looks like another lost series.

This will drop the White Sox to 40-28 since the start of the Houston series, 29-28 in the second half, and 6-7 in September. They first reached 20 games above .500 on July 18 and have played .500 ball the rest of the way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This will drop the White Sox to 40-28 since the start of the Houston series, 29-28 in the second half, and 6-7 in September. They first reached 20 games above .500 on July 18 and have played .500 ball the rest of the way.

They've also had how many guys missing games and pitchers missing starts due to "injury"? I'm not overly concerned. Yet. They are clearly trying to get everyone as close to 100% healthy as possible.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

Have a 7-4 road trip with a hangover loss in there, and everything will be ok. This is all status quo for the second half Sox that are pacing their way into October. La Russa, the players, and the organization overall will be judged by what happens against the Astros in three weeks. 

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

Have a 7-4 road trip with a hangover loss in there, and everything will be ok. This is all status quo for the second half Sox that are pacing their way into October. La Russa, the players, and the organization overall will be judged by what happens against the Astros in three weeks. 

I literally said exactly this about this homestand, and they're coming away 3-3 with two stupid losses, which may well have effectively ended their realistic chances at the #2 seed. Texas isn't exactly good, but they're 7-6 in September coming into tonight, and they have a .451 winning %age at home compared to .297% on the road. At the very least, expect them to be as annoying as these Angels. There aren't a lot of blocks left to get things going the right direction. This one was my preferred one because it was at home.

16 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

They've also had how many guys missing games and pitchers missing starts due to "injury"? I'm not overly concerned. Yet. They are clearly trying to get everyone as close to 100% healthy as possible.

Yet it doesn’t seem to be working as nothing coming out about Rodon seems encouraging