9/16 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 1:10pm

maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, Snopek said:

This season has felt so damn long that I don't even remember the home series vs Seattle or playing Cincinnati at all. 

You're right. The season has seemed so long. Maybe it has been because of the injuries and waiting for players to come back. Players have returned, but the health issues still hang over the club. Hopefully they can make the Cleveland series totally and completely meaningless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

This season has felt so damn long that I don't even remember the home series vs Seattle or playing Cincinnati at all. 

I remember little of the Seattle series, but both Cincinnati games are crystal clear.

Dylan Cease went 3-3 and dominated on the mound in a White Sox laugher in Game 1.

Game 2, May 5, 2021. A date which will live in White Sox infamy.

46 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony lost Game 5 of the 2011 World Series due to his inability to use a telephone. Bad blood indeed.

Well I think he may have had a legitimate case today. Ripping out the telephone though doesn’t change anything or the outcome but since everyone in the dugout saw everything, maybe it will wake this team up. Lol

However they threw at two of our guys earlier in the series and than we throw at one of their guys today but our pitcher got ejected instead of being warned so the ump messed up. Ohtani was smiling so he knew. 

Edited by maloney.adam

9 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I swear any time this man talks

I hope the Sox do not waste their Championship window with a crappy manager like TLR.  The team, the city and the fans deserve a better manager.  TLR low energy, no sense of urgency, boring ineffective station to station baseball with no runners in play with many double plays, perplexing on field decisions, Sunday lineups, etc. should not be the norm.

Edited by hankchifan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Well I think he may have had a legitimate case today. Ripping out the telephone though doesn’t change anything or the outcome but since everyone in the dugout saw everything, maybe it will wake this team up. Lol

However they threw at two of our guys earlier in the series and than we throw at one of their guys today but our pitcher got ejected instead of being warned so the ump messed up. Ohtani was smiling so he knew. 

I honestly don't give a rat's ass what Joe Maddon believes.

Keep cranking out those MVPs, Angels and enjoy October on your couches.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I hope the Sox do not waste their Championship window with a crappy manager like TLR.  The team, the city and the fans deserve a better manager.  TLR low energy, no sense of urgency, boring station to station baseball, perplexing on field decisions, Sunday lineups, etc. should not be the norm.

But JR is in love w TLR. JR sees crowds back on the south side and will want Tony back again in 22 

48 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I hope the Sox do not waste their Championship window with a crappy manager like TLR.  The team, the city and the fans deserve a better manager.  TLR low energy, no sense of urgency, boring station to station baseball, perplexing on field decisions, Sunday lineups, etc. should not be the norm.

There is nothing wrong with station-to-station ball if you knock in the moved runners; which is what we haven't been doing.

2 hours ago, SCCWS said:

But JR is in love w TLR. JR sees crowds back on the south side and will want Tony back again in 22 

Nobody from the White Sox ever disclosed the length of Tony's contract, and I don't recall anyone from the media asking Rick or Tony. I can't see Jerry allowing anyone to remove Tony, beyond new serious criminal charges filed against Tony, and even then it may require a conviction and runout of a lengthy appeal. Wins and losses will not be a factor.

5 hours ago, hankchifan said:

I hope the Sox do not waste their Championship window with a crappy manager like TLR.  The team, the city and the fans deserve a better manager.  TLR low energy, no sense of urgency, boring ineffective station to station baseball with no runners in play with many double plays, perplexing on field decisions, Sunday lineups, etc. should not be the norm.

campaign-trump.gif

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nobody from the White Sox ever disclosed the length of Tony's contract, and I don't recall anyone from the media asking Rick or Tony. I can't see Jerry allowing anyone to remove Tony, beyond new serious criminal charges filed against Tony, and even then it may require a conviction and runout of a lengthy appeal. Wins and losses will not be a factor.

Agree. As I posted, JR may get gate info and will be happy about the increase.