Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maloney.adam

9/16 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 1:10pm

Recommended Posts

One of the ugliest games of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately my prediction is coming true...

 

Team will limp into playoffs and get swept.

 

2000 white Sox all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck this shit.  Cya guys in the playoffs.  Too many other sports going on right now to GAF bout this limp dicked march to the playoffs the ORG has decided on.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is amazing that we fired Ricky because of how the team finished last year, and the belief that he couldn't get us over the top, they bring Tony in from the grave because of his history and Hall of Fame self, yet this team has all of the same weaknesses, and the same stumble down the stretch. 

Totally different TBF.  This team has had the division wrapped up for a month now.  There is literally zero chance of blowing it.  They blew the division last year and puckered like bitches.  Now if they do the same in the playoffs and get swept yea I'll be leading the charge to fire Tony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Totally different TBF.  This team has had the division wrapped up for a month now.  There is literally zero chance of blowing it.  They blew the division last year and puckered like bitches.  Now if they do the same in the playoffs and get swept yea I'll be leading the charge to fire Tony.

That team had a playoff birth wrapped up as well, and fell apart down the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Unfortunately my prediction is coming true...

 

Team will limp into playoffs and get swept.

 

2000 white Sox all over again.

How the fuck is your prediction coming true? They can finish the season with a 10 game winning streak and also win the 1st round. Your lame prediction isn't even close to coming true.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just not paying too much attention today. If the team doesn’t care about these games, than why should I.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Unfortunately my prediction is coming true...

 

Team will limp into playoffs and get swept.

 

2000 white Sox all over again.

There’s what 16 games left? Go away troll!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That team had a playoff birth wrapped up as well, and fell apart down the stretch.

By RR's admission I believe he said he knew they were in the playoffs so he was trying new matchups (Like bullpen Rodon famously).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hi8is said:

One of the ugliest games of the year.

Among others. It is amazing how many times this team gets pounded like this. They can look dominating one day and like the Cubs the next. Looks like another lost series.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

Among others. It is amazing how many times this team gets pounded like this. They can look dominating one day and like the Cubs the next. Looks like another lost series.

This will drop the White Sox to 40-28 since the start of the Houston series, 29-28 in the second half, and 6-7 in September. They first reached 20 games above .500 on July 18 and have played .500 ball the rest of the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This will drop the White Sox to 40-28 since the start of the Houston series, 29-28 in the second half, and 6-7 in September. They first reached 20 games above .500 on July 18 and have played .500 ball the rest of the way.

They've also had how many guys missing games and pitchers missing starts due to "injury"? I'm not overly concerned. Yet. They are clearly trying to get everyone as close to 100% healthy as possible.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Engel will come back tomorrow and we somewhat have a healthy lineup. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a 7-4 road trip with a hangover loss in there, and everything will be ok. This is all status quo for the second half Sox that are pacing their way into October. La Russa, the players, and the organization overall will be judged by what happens against the Astros in three weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, flavum said:

Have a 7-4 road trip with a hangover loss in there, and everything will be ok. This is all status quo for the second half Sox that are pacing their way into October. La Russa, the players, and the organization overall will be judged by what happens against the Astros in three weeks. 

I literally said exactly this about this homestand, and they're coming away 3-3 with two stupid losses, which may well have effectively ended their realistic chances at the #2 seed. Texas isn't exactly good, but they're 7-6 in September coming into tonight, and they have a .451 winning %age at home compared to .297% on the road. At the very least, expect them to be as annoying as these Angels. There aren't a lot of blocks left to get things going the right direction. This one was my preferred one because it was at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hi8is said:

One of the ugliest games of the year.

Just pathetic, I'm not feeling good about the team right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey atleast we’re not the Padres right now. Can you imagine what their fanbase is thinking. They spent all that money and made a lot of trades for some really good players and now they may not even make the playoffs. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

They've also had how many guys missing games and pitchers missing starts due to "injury"? I'm not overly concerned. Yet. They are clearly trying to get everyone as close to 100% healthy as possible.

Yet it doesn’t seem to be working as nothing coming out about Rodon seems encouraging

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Hopefully Engel will come back tomorrow and we somewhat have a healthy lineup. 

Engel has been injured all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×