9/16 GT: Angels @ White Sox, 1:10pm

maloney.adam

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hope Tony has the same accountability and is also shit canned if the Sox have another one and done playoff exit, especially in light of all the additional resources both coaching and the substantial player upgrades provided this offseason.

17 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yeah, those great upgrades like Hernandez and Kimbrel. 

If anyone needs to go if another failed postseason, it would be Hahn at this point.

I stated offseason. Katz. Lynn, Rodon, Hendriks. Eaton was the lone bust. Narron and Dave Duncan's kid are Tony's crony decisions.

Talking trade deadline, Hernandez at minimum is an upgrade over Madrigal sitting on his couch. Sox brought in Jarrod Dyson, had one good starter in Oakland.

Keuchel is not the Game 2 starter this year.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

The Al division series starts 3 weeks from today . my only worry is that they are so used to laying back and playing in stress free conditions, that when it comes crunch time, and the pressure is on, at what looks like will be at Minute Maid Park, will they just be able to turn it on when needed, in that high octane environment.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

These guys have had me scratching my head since the All Star break, I won't be surprised if we get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round. 

It would be painful...but not surprising!  I mean...Houston made us look like a AA team in that 4 game series in Texas.  Although...yes...we had a ton of talent on the IL at that time...but our starters got slapped around hard!

1 minute ago, White Sox Park said:

The Al division series starts 3 weeks from today . my only worry is that they are so used to laying back and playing in stress free conditions, that when it comes crunch time, and the pressure is on, at what looks like will be at Minute Maid Park, will they just be able to turn it on when needed, in that high octane environment.

I wouldn't count on it unless we see a dramatic turn around in what's left of the season.

Just now, BrittBurnsFan said:

It would be painful...but not surprising!  I mean...Houston made us look like a AA team in that 4 game series in Texas.  Although...yes...we had a ton of talent on the IL at that time...but our starters got slapped around hard!

They were missing some guys also

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

This would be my biggest concern as well. The Sox haven't played a meaningful game in how long? Not to mention a game with any pressure to win. I don't know if they can adjust that quickly from meaningless games to playoff games. At least they have last years playoff experience to fall back on. 

It is amazing that we fired Ricky because of how the team finished last year, and the belief that he couldn't get us over the top, they bring Tony in from the grave because of his history and Hall of Fame self, yet this team has all of the same weaknesses, and the same stumble down the stretch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is amazing that we fired Ricky because of how the team finished last year, and the belief that he couldn't get us over the top, they bring Tony in from the grave because of his history and Hall of Fame self, yet this team has all of the same weaknesses, and the same stumble down the stretch. 

I hate how often our guys are resting (I am fine with some), but at some point you gotta let them play TOGETHER so they can gell..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

I like my boys man but I just cant help feeling that if this was TB, LAD, or SFG, LAA would be losing by 9 runs instead. Those teams just take care of business. The Sox do not. 

Didn't the Rays just lose 2/3 to Detroit, getting crushed in one game and 2 out of 3 to the Twins losing one game like 12-0?

Problem with the Sox isn't that they lose sometimes - all teams do. It's that when they're in positions to win they have not capitalized/maximized those positions.

They appear content with their divisional win and don't really seem to have a desire to get home field which, to me, feels really really short sighted and stupid. We've been "resting" guys for over a month now. It's not Football. This entire "get healthy" for the post season thing has led to.. well, let's not try to actually win games because maybe someone might possibly get hurt.