Start Packing for Houston - ALDS Games 1&2 Oct 7/8th

shago

28 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Houston catching Tampa is the best thing that could happen for the White Sox. 

I want the White Sox to avoid the wildcard winner and think the Sox match up better with Tampa.

Maybe it is 4D chess to sit back and watch as the other teams grind it out. 

Who knows how it will play out but that Tampa schedule is a nightmare.

I wouldn't call it a nightmare. Tampa has 9 home and 6 away but 3 of away are at Houston. TB also has 3 in TB w Miami which may be easiest opponent either one has. I think TB at Houston series may decide seeding.  

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Houston catching Tampa is the best thing that could happen for the White Sox. 

I want the White Sox to avoid the wildcard winner and think the Sox match up better with Tampa.

Maybe it is 4D chess to sit back and watch as the other teams grind it out. 

Who knows how it will play out but that Tampa schedule is a nightmare.

I would disagree about the matchups. Tampa's starting rotation is worse and their bullpen is much better. It's much easier for Tampa to mask their starter weakness with their bullpen strength in a 5 game series than a 7.

3 hours ago, reiks12 said:

im very happy the Brewers are NOT in the AL. 

These will probably all be noon games unfortunately, god i hate the east coast

Why? Because they would be challenging in the playoffs this year, or did you not like the rivalry?

I loved going up to Milwaukee County Stadium for Sox (or any games), was a great rivalry when both teams were good in the early 1980s, and fun times even when both were not particularly good.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I would disagree about the matchups. Tampa's starting rotation is worse and their bullpen is much better. It's much easier for Tampa to mask their starter weakness with their bullpen strength in a 5 game series than a 7.

You are correct but the White Sox have not hit any bullpen well and do not hit well late in games in general.

4 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I talking to the White Sox about getting a 2 seat 20 game plan for next year for a little over $1,110.  Will get me a game each round. 

We get 2 in the first round with a 20 game plan so you can plan on that next year.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Sadly I went to 22 games this year ad hoc so I am only getting one per round this year.  

I like to the 2 in round 1. 

I know the new season tickets holders only get one this year but you will get 2 in the first round next year.

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Why? Because they would be challenging in the playoffs this year, or did you not like the rivalry?

I loved going up to Milwaukee County Stadium for Sox (or any games), was a great rivalry when both teams were good in the early 1980s, and fun times even when both were not particularly good.

I remember County Stadium well, not only Brew Crew games but rock concerts as well. Milwaukee is such a fun city, everything about Wisconsin is fun

I wish as well the Brewers were back in the AL and that Houston was back in the NL

• Love 2

3 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I remember County Stadium well, not only Brew Crew games but rock concerts as well. Milwaukee is such a fun city, everything about Wisconsin is fun

I wish as well the Brewers were back in the AL and that Houston was back in the NL

County Stadium was a blast. As college students we were Ueckers pukers sitting in right field. Good thing the team didn't know us other wise they probably wouldn't have hired me later.

43 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I got 2 games in first round and one each of next two.  Can't complain.

Is that the standard 20 game plan—and playoff tix for this yr are automatic?  Thinking about getting it for this reason but don’t want to pull the trigger until I’m sure about the playoff tix guarantee, and I can’t seem to find the right info on the site.

19 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Concerts, oh my - one of the best days - Black Foot,  White Snake,  Def Leopard, and REO Speedwagon.