Start Packing for Houston - ALDS Games 1&2 Oct 7/8th

shago

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yes, and if you're curious like I was, the Bears play at 3:05 in Oakland that day.

It's also the date of the Chicago marathon.

Probably not, but any idea what time these games will be at yet? I hate day games for playoffs - especially during the work week. 

On 9/18/2021 at 8:23 AM, 35thstreetswarm said:

Is that the standard 20 game plan—and playoff tix for this yr are automatic?  Thinking about getting it for this reason but don’t want to pull the trigger until I’m sure about the playoff tix guarantee, and I can’t seem to find the right info on the site.

Yes a guy actually called me.

14 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I just got a couple for games 1 and 2 in Houston as well.  Had a few tabs open and got through on all of them -- not as hard to get in as I thought.  And it looked like the pricing was kind of standardized across sections:  194/ticket for everything I saw.  Got pretty good seats.

The outter and upper seats were cheaper.  The Crawford boxes I got were $140.  The UD in RF side was $72.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The outter and upper seats were cheaper.  The Crawford boxes I got were $140.  The UD in RF side was $72.

Huh...I must not have looked far enough.  I clicked on one upper deck/400-level section to find something cheaper and it also showed 194.  By then I was just panicked and wanted to make sure I got something.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, Texsox said:

Concerts, oh my - one of the best days - Black Foot,  White Snake,  Def Leopard, and REO Speedwagon. 

I think I can remember that, I went to what I recall was dubbed The World Series of Rock, w Heart, Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick and others. Talk about being a smoke fest! :) :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I think I can remember that, I went to what I recall was dubbed The World Series of Rock, w Heart, Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick and others. Talk about being a smoke fest! :) :) 

Cheap Trick was disappointing in concert. Ted had an amazing special effect infinity mirror for his Stranglehold encore. I’m feeling hungover just thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, flavum said:

Guessing unless the Red Sox or Yankees are not playing the Rays next Thursday, Sox/Astros will be 3pm on Thursday, and 2pm on Friday. 

I think they set ALDS game times before the wild card game gets played, so unless the wild card game is Toronto/Seattle, Sox/Astros will get the afternoon times.

10 minutes ago, flavum said:

Guessing unless the Red Sox or Yankees are not playing the Rays next Thursday, Sox/Astros will be 3pm on Thursday, and 2pm on Friday. 

So gross. But you're probably right.  

I have a wedding in Wisconsin on Saturday.  5.5 hour drive.  Wife in wedding, so she needs to be there by 4-5pm Friday.  Friday day game is such a disaster scenario for me.  And I am going to have some fucking issue on Sunday getting back. 

For the love of God, give me some night games.  Or I guess I am hitting the road early AF Fri/Sun.  My wife is going to be so pissed at me lol, but 0% chance I am in a car during these games.  ZERO PERCENT. 

According to Reddit, there's an incredibly thin chance the 'Stros miss the playoffs.

• Astros lose out (4 games)
  • Mariners win out (3 games)
  • Boston wins out (4 games) WC #2
  • Yankees win out (4 games) WC #1
  • Mariners win (163 play-in game) AL West.

In the chaosball scenario, the Sox are 3-3 against the Mariners and outscored them 32-29. They actually won the series in Seattle, Mariners won the series in Chicago.

ROOT FOR CHAOS.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1