Start Packing for Houston - ALDS Games 1&2 Oct 7/8th

shago

I'll be getting there Friday morning for game 2 staying with a friend downtown. I'm also going to game 3 in Chicago so Saturday being an off day gives me some much needed cushion. (this is assuming the Sox don't get the 2 seed because that changes my plans completely) 

Edited by lostfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lostfan said:

I'll be getting there Friday morning for game 2 staying with a friend downtown. I'm also going to game 3 in Chicago so Saturday being an off day gives me some much needed cushion. (this is assuming the Sox don't get the 2 seed because that changes my plans completely) 

Hopefully game 2 isn’t too early for you but I bet it will be the second game of the day in the later afternoon (around 3).

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Definitely a starting staff you could take advantage of in the playoffs. 

How have they been lately? Just glancing at their numbers, it looks like all 3 had good seasons. Glad Greinke is likely to only be available out of pen.

Edit: actually, Greinke looks like the worst of the 4 so nevermind.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

Hopefully game 2 isn’t too early for you but I bet it will be the second game of the day in the later afternoon (around 3).

Well considering I am scheduled to get there about 9:30 am, if it's too early for me I'm going to be pissed lmao

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Welp I already have my trip booked but if anyone wants to grab a drink or if anyone from Houston here has recommendations i'll be in town Thursday through Sat morning 

Sure, I have a recommendation for you.

I recommend you bring home two wins.

• Fire 1

Can the Sox beat Houston? I don't like veteran teams that have been making the playoffs every year.Of course the Sox are in for back to back seasons. Maybe they're ticked and ready to win big. If Sox are down 2-0, it'll take a minor miracle. At that point, Big Mo will be with Houston so much. We gotta split in Houston

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Not yet, but I think its practically a given that east coast teams will get the night games. 

The only thing that might get the Sox night games in the LDS would be maybe if Seattle somehow comes out of the Wild Card game. In that case Sox/Astros may be more of a draw than Rays/Mariners. But yeah, considering that it's overwhelmingly likely that it'll be Yankees or Red Sox vs a divisional rival and top seed.....no chance.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

3 minutes ago, 3GamesToLove said:

The only thing that might get the Sox night games in the LDS would be maybe if Seattle somehow comes out of the Wild Card game. In that case Sox/Astros may be more of a draw than Rays/Mariners. But yeah, considering that it's overwhelmingly likely that it'll be Yankees or Red Sox vs a divisional rival and top seed.....no chance.

I think I read game times are set on Monday, before the wild card games occur.  So yeah, Sox are playing a bunch of day games in the ALDS, unfortunately.  

16 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

How have they been lately? Just glancing at their numbers, it looks like all 3 had good seasons. Glad Greinke is likely to only be available out of pen.

Edit: actually, Greinke looks like the worst of the 4 so nevermind.

No ace in that staff. A rookie and a lefty. McCullers < Lynn game 1.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think I read game times are set on Monday, before the wild card games occur.  So yeah, Sox are playing a bunch of day games in the ALDS, unfortunately.  

What time are the "day" games usually for the ALDS?  Are we talking about a 1 PM start?  Or more like a 3 or 4 PM start?

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

What time are the "day" games usually for the ALDS?  Are we talking about a 1 PM start?  Or more like a 3 or 4 PM start?

Thursday is probably a 3 or 3:30 start because there only two games that day.  Friday will have four games so there's probably like a noon, 3, 6, and 8 game or something along those lines.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3GamesToLove said:

100% Yankees vs Rays takes the prime spot. 

But does Red Sox vs Rays really move the needle as would 2 big markets like Chicago and Houston? 

I think our series would get consideration