9/17 GT: White Sox @ Rangers 7:05 PM

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's actually closing in on 100! Wow. Every time I look at Leury's stats they're better than I was expecting. Credit to him.

He almost closed the first half at 100. It's crazy that he's probably gonna end up as the 6th most valuable position player on the team. 

Edited by chw42

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s a joke, but still the Landrum game happened on my 20th birthday.  I’ll never forget that guy or Dzybnski (sp) for his baserunning.  

Lol, sorry yes that sucked.  Yes, if your a White Sox fan that baserunning blunder by Dybzinski is unforgettable unfortunately.

Just now, chw42 said:

Cease always seems to find his breaking stuff around the 4th inning. But he'll be at like 70-80 pitches by then and last only 2 more innings while looking really good. 

It feels like he's on the cusp of being one of the best in the game.  I still think he's our future #1.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don't think there's a chance in hell unfortunately.  Most of those guys are going to want to play SS, and there's enough teams with openings that they should fine a home.  

I remember when Machado wanted to play SS during his free agency. Then the 2 (or 1, depending on how you feel about the Sox interest in him) teams interested weren't willing to play him there and suddenly he was content playing 3rd. Players almost always are going to sign with whichever team offers them the most money, and if they're weighing other factors I think the Sox being a very good team in a hitter friendly ballpark could also break certain decisions in their favor. I'm definitely not ruling it out by any means.

Who would have thought the Jays would land Semien when they already have Bichette and Biggio?

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

It feels like he's on the cusp of being one of the best in the game.  I still think he's our future #1.

I've said this before, but I honestly think he has Gerrit Cole-esque stuff. He just doesn't have the command to completely harness it consistently. 

3 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Lol, sorry yes that sucked.  Yes, if your a White Sox fan that baserunning blunder by Dybzinski is unforgettable unfortunately.

My 30th was better.  Sox beat the Jays 6-1 in game 3.  For about 25 years I thought it was 8-1 until someone here corrected me.  I may have had several too many shots that night!  🤪

• Haha 1

Just now, chw42 said:

I've said this before, but I honestly think he has Gerrit Cole-esque stuff. He just doesn't have the command to completely harness it consistently. 

Time and experience.  It may never get there completely, but its getting closer.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I absolutely loved having him throw inside to Garcia tonight.  He looked comfortable doing it.

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

For sure.  And the Sox are going to have all the patience in the world with him.  

I still feel the same about Reylo.  

I still think Reylo needs a third pitch to become something as a starter. Cease has 3 plus offerings and a change up that'll work sometimes. Lopez is basically all fastballs and sliders with maybe 5 other pitches sprinkled in every outing. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I still think Reylo needs a third pitch to become something as a starter. Cease has 3 plus offerings and a change up that'll work sometimes. Lopez is basically all fastballs and sliders with maybe 5 other pitches sprinkled in every outing. 

I think ReyLo could be a very successful 3-4 inning pitcher leaning heavily on his slider like we've seen. I think an organization like the Rays or Giants would happily take what he's been showing lately for 100 innings and count that as a win. I'm just concerned Tony wouldn't be willing to take that from a "starter" given how we've seen him manage Keuchel this season.

Edited by maxjusttyped

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I think ReyLo could have a very successful 3-4 inning pitcher leaning heavily on his slider like we've seen. I think an organization like the Rays or Giants would happily take what he's been showing lately for 100 innings and count that as a win. I'm just concerned Tony would be willing to take that from a "starter" given how we've seen him manage Keuchel this season.

The Rays literally take guys who throw only sliders and make them useful. Lopez would definitely be good with them. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic