9/18 White Sox @ Rangers, 6:05

Kyyle23

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

July 25th he got his 10th win in his 18th start. Since then he's had 7 starts with 6 no decisions and 1 loss.

Wow.  Talk about overdue.  Almost 2 months, and if he doesn't get a W tonight, it will probably go to 2 months.

18 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

July 25th he got his 10th win in his 18th start. Since then he's had 7 starts with 6 no decisions and 1 loss.

Lynn's season is a case for the de-emphasis of wins as a gauge of SP's performances. I don't have the stats in front of me but the pen has let Lance down more than a few times this year.

18 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

As well as the offense. 

Yes, I do believe that some of the losses we've pinned on the bullpen really fall on the offense. The best bullpen in the AL is Tampa with an ERA of 3.28. That means the best bullpen gives up a run every 2 2/3 innings. So if you're turning the game over to the pen with a 1 run lead after 6, and don't add on any more runs, you can't really blame the bullpen for that loss. Giving up 1 run in 3 innings is actually a better than expected result.

20 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yes, I do believe that some of the losses we've pinned on the bullpen really fall on the offense. The best bullpen in the AL is Tampa with an ERA of 3.28. That means the best bullpen gives up a run every 2 2/3 innings. So if you're turning the game over to the pen with a 1 run lead after 6, and don't add on any more runs, you can't really blame the bullpen for that loss. Giving up 1 run in 3 innings is actually a better than expected result.

Hypothetically though your team should also score at least one over those three innings.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hypothetically though your team should also score at least one over those three innings.

Yes, and while I haven't looked this up yet, I feel like there have been several games where the offense failed to score after the 6th inning and we all blew up when the bullpen didn't hold a slim lead.

• Kalapse changed the title to 9/18 White Sox @ Rangers, 6:05
  • Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic