9/18 White Sox @ Rangers, 6:05

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The Astros are likely to have HFA. Both teams are good but I think HFA decides this series. We tried our best to give it away for sure. Ironically, both of these teams should be in the ALCS with the talent they have. But can either one get hot again? 

I agree with that. Whichever team will be favored in that series will comedown to HFA right now and that's trending towards the Astros. But both teams have been playing inconsistent baseball for months, which is why I don't think it's fair to act as if the Sox flaws are fatal. Houston is going through a lot of the same struggles.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I agree with that. Whichever team will be favored in that series will comedown to HFA right now and that's trending towards the Astros. But both teams have been playing inconsistent baseball for months, which is why I don't think it's fair to act as if the Sox flaws are fatal. Houston is going through a lot of the same struggles.

Name me Houston's starters that will compare to our top three?

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

If I were a gambler and I had to ask myself out of 2 coasting teams which team could “flip a switch on”, and one of them made their first playoff appearance in 12 years last season and the other team made the ALCS last year and has won a title and been in the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years, I would always pick the experienced one. Hell, they literally did it last year - barely made the playoffs, barely missed the World Series.

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Name me Houston's starters that will compare to our top three?

Houston has scored 45 more runs than the White Sox, has a stronger defense (second fewest errors in the big leagues, better uzr). So The White Sox do have a pitching advantage but that isn’t the whole game.

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Framber Valdez is 10-5 with a 3.26

McCullers 12-4 3.11

Luis Garcia 11-7 3.37

Zack Greinke 11-6 3.94

Not bad at all.

16.8 fWAR for the White Sox Starters, 12.2 for Houston. So the White Sox do have better starters, but Houston has a better offense and defense. It’s a close matchup on paper, and home field would have been important.

• Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic