9/18 White Sox @ Rangers, 6:05

Kyyle23

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

nope. i don't even know who willie harris is. It's a saying.

How the fuck do you not know who Willie Harris is? I always thought you were fucking suspect as a Sox fan, and you've completely confirmed those suspicions. Fraud. 

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Yes, if Sox win it all, which I hope they will and think they will, it's going to make Tony a hero forever in Chicago. Look at Ozzie. Despite him getting canceled in Miami for his statements and leaving Chicago on bad terms with many fans who think he quit on the team that one year, he still is a postgame commentator in Chicago and many of us will remember him fondly forever for managing the Sox to a resounding title. The team's performance that postseason was legendary. Sox were almost perfect.

I think Tony is no Willie off the PIckle Boat, he's experienced Hall of Famer, and I like the Sox bats chances of getting hot and Cease and Lynn leading the way for the pitching staff.

This team has been waiting for the postseason to arrive forever and hopefully it will get hot and win, win win with Tony at the helm. I contend I could be wrong so as not to jinx the club. I want the title.

Cease is going to get a start over Rodon and Giolito?

I only saw the first innings, but I saw they weren't going to score anything and off a starter with ERA over seven. This offense is mind boggling. With its talent, it should score three runs by accident. Too many games when they score either one or no runs. Those are automatic losses. This offense can sink this team in the playoffs.

• Like 1

The team is missing something this year. They don’t seem to have anyone that can drive the ball to the outfield in situations where there are runners in scoring position. They need someone that can hit the ball to the outfield and move runners along. That’s not going to cut it in the playoffs because there are going to be games where they are down one run and they are going to need to come through with some runs late. I would just concentrate on winning the division first and than go from there.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hankchifan said:

We may pay a big prize for being so non chalant. about HFA, prioritizing rest/Sunday lineups over getting HFA. Sox have the best home record in the league.  We may be over doing the resting thing, particularly if it results in the Sox not going beyond the first series because of not having HFA.

I believe we should have counted down where we stood behind Houston for HFA on a daily basis, instead of Worrying so much about Cleveland.   I think not getting much pressure from Cleveland made us take the foot off the pedal.  Would not have been the case with Houston.

It seems that no matter who the opposition is, or what lineup the Sox put out there, that they can always just find a way to lose . i find it hard to believe that they can't put some wins together against these bad teams . there's no consistency . this is just incredibly worrisome, unnerving, and borderline alarming . i keep waiting for this team to start playing like they mean it, but i'm getting worried . the difference between playing Houston at home, or in that Minute Maid Park madhouse, is night and day . they need to find a way to puts some wins together . today would be good.

Also what is worrying me, is Engel was supposed to be up for this series but now they seem to be delaying it for some reason. It’s like they are just content with having Goodwin or Hamilton play the OF and there is no sense of urgency to put your best players in the lineup everyday.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic